Enthesitis

Options

This time last year I was told I had enthesitis to add to my PsA. According to the rheumatologist about 1 in 3 people with PsA also get enthesitis. Initially it manifest itself by the intermittent swelling and pain in my right wrist. However my right arm, including the muscles in my forearm, upper arm and shoulder are now feeling permanently aching. It also feels like I've got tennis elbow. I saw a rheumatologist last month who confirmed all this is enthesitis as are some issues with the fingers of my left hand.

I'm already on sulfasalazine, methotrexate and adalimumab for my PsA which the rheumatologist thought should also be helping the enthesitis. These drugs have certainly improved my PsA significantly.

Can anyone with enthesitis suggest any ways of relieving these symptoms without recourse to further drugs?

Comments

• Jomanda
    Jomanda Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi JamieA,

I can't suggest anyway of relieving your symptoms but I can sympathise with what your feeling.

I also have Psa and my main problem is enthesitis. I have achilles enthesitis in both ankles, alternating elbows which can be just tennis , elbow or just golfers elbow or worse both at the same time 🤔 I also have enthesitis at my outer knee, shoulder , left hip area (can't remember the proper name for it ) but it sucks.

I'm on mtx which does help .

If you find anyway to relief the enthesitis let me know 😁

• Jomanda
    Jomanda Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi JamieA,

I can't suggest anyway of relieving your symptoms but I can sympathise with what your feeling.

I also have Psa and my main problem is enthesitis. I have achilles enthesitis in both ankles, alternating elbows which can be just tennis , elbow or just golfers elbow or worse both at the same time 🤔 I also have enthesitis at my outer knee, shoulder , left hip area (can't remember the proper name for it ) but it sucks.

I'm on mtx which does help .

If you find anyway to relief the enthesitis let me know 😁