Changes to Benefits Claim

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
Just heard about these changes for incapacity benefit. I'm worried as I work 15hrs a week, only 3hrs a day, but it seems to be too much for me. I become poorly and I'm in a lot of pain. Now I'm worried that if I need to claim incapacity benefit I'm going to have to prove my disability - yet another hoop to jump through. Outwardly, I look normal apart from limping when I walk, but I try and work and it makes me poorly.
What support is out there for people who can work a little bit but can't work full time?
I was also told by the job centre that I wasn't eligible for job seekers allowance because I didn't have enough National Insurance contributions, yet I can't work enough to earn any - catch 22!
The system isn't built for people like me! What can I do?
Help.

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    jenzie06 wrote:
    Just heard about these changes for incapacity benefit. I'm worried as I work 15hrs a week, only 3hrs a day, but it seems to be too much for me. I become poorly and I'm in a lot of pain. Now I'm worried that if I need to claim incapacity benefit I'm going to have to prove my disability - yet another hoop to jump through. Outwardly, I look normal apart from limping when I walk, but I try and work and it makes me poorly.
    What support is out there for people who can work a little bit but can't work full time?
    I was also told by the job centre that I wasn't eligible for job seekers allowance because I didn't have enough National Insurance contributions, yet I can't work enough to earn any - catch 22!
    The system isn't built for people like me! What can I do?
    Help.
    hi im no expert but incap. benefit u need to have paid 2 yrs n.i.contributions.[i got turned down.] best root mayb income support.u need 2 send in sicknotes even though u cant get incap.benefits.best to ring benefits,look up job centre plus all the benefits r listed there with phone no.s to contact them.hope that helps. deb
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Thanks for that. Will check it out again - I tried before but it was highly frustrating! Job centre only claim to know about jobs, National insurance people claim to know about NI and Benefits people claim to know only benefits. They won't talk to each other even though each thing is dependant on the others!
  • tjenny54321
    tjenny54321 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    jenzie06 wrote:
    Thanks for that. Will check it out again - I tried before but it was highly frustrating! Job centre only claim to know about jobs, National insurance people claim to know about NI and Benefits people claim to know only benefits. They won't talk to each other even though each thing is dependant on the others!

Just wondered if you have made any progress? Personally I reckon they are giving you the run around. One of thier departments must know. Go to a benefits advice centre or C.A.B