passing wind

daimler
daimler Member Posts: 68
edited 13. Nov 2008, 10:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi peeps, just wondering how important it is to pass wind :oops: :oops: is it a good sign that all your plumbing is working, :shock: i know certain foods can cause wind, how important is it :?

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    daimler wrote:
    Hi peeps, just wondering how important it is to pass wind :oops: :oops: is it a good sign that all your plumbing is working, :shock: i know certain foods can cause wind, how important is it :?
    hi :lol: its the meds do it to me,got off diclofenec[soz cant spell] cause of that in public :oops: soz couldnt help it :oops: deb
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    jasperalty wrote:
    daimler wrote:
    Hi peeps, just wondering how important it is to pass wind :oops: :oops: is it a good sign that all your plumbing is working, :shock: i know certain foods can cause wind, how important is it :?[/quote

Hi, it is a sign that your body is working well, and it also helps to move waste matter into the right position, when I had my appendix
    out the nurses where obsessed with asking about it, it was considered very important, hope this helps love Katxxx
    Hi, yes, I seem to have the same problem, more so since oa struck :oops: Well, thats my excuse. When I had a hystorectomy I was in a ward with a group of 4 all having the same op on the same day, and we all had the same problem :oops: but it was very painful until we managed to pass wind and so we all looked on jelously when one of the others managed :lol: No embrassment at all in that situation :!: :oops: But the memory .... :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    :oops: Oh thank goodness, I think I hold the world record, particularly over this last year. :roll: I am dreading going into hospital where I will lose the privacy of my own home :lol: Oh well will pray for tollerant ward mates.
  • daimler
    :roll: :roll: my husband say's it's not lady like :roll: well i suppose he married a ladete then when he married me :mrgreen::mrgreen: its alright when he farts though :shock: any more blokets like that :?
    jacqxx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hi jacq,
    my hubby is the same, he pops(sorry they have been called pops ever since my 9 yr old was a baby, it just stuck!!) and he thinks it's amusing, if i do one he looks at me like i'm unladylike, especially if it's at all smelly! lol sorry!
    personally i have always found them slightly amusing, wrong i know but they just make me giggle like a school girl!!!
    anyway yes my hubby is rather sexist about them really, what does make me laugh is my littlest one who is now 22 months seems to be oblivious to them. when she does one she looks at me as if to say were did that noise come from?
    not sure if i should ask this but what do you all call them? as i said we call them pops when the children are about, when i was young my cousins used to say "who let polly out?" when they did one!!! maybe thats why i laugh?
    i've lowered the tone as usual, sorry all. :oops:
  • daimler
    well, when HE farts he says :shock: TEA VICAR :shock: ,
    JACQXX
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    We call it trumping in our house and as there are three male adults here I'm inclined to think men make an art of it and are quite proud of the amount of noise they make. :shock: :shock: Meanwhile I try to control mine and it's very rare they're heard - if they ever are they all turn and look at me and say 'M O T H E R' in shocked tones :oops: :shock: :roll:
    Luv Legs :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • daimler
    :lol::lol: we have a 10stone bulllmastiff, who insists he sleeps with us, :roll: we have been known to run to the window stick our heads out and BREEEEATH :mrgreen: :mrgreen
    jacqxx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Try playing a tune.
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    ichabod6 wrote:
    Try playing a tune.
    :lol: with a house ful of males u usually can.my meds say,u dirty cow ur not a!!!!loud
  • ichabod6
    mash65 wrote:
    ichabod6 wrote:
    Try playing a tune.
    :lol: with a house ful of males u usually can.my meds say,u dirty cow ur not a!!!!loud
    Jazz or classics?
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    When I passed wind I would be made to stand out in the cold until I said sorry I never did I would be out in the cold all the time now with me pills
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi All
    Great topic!
    I hate it when they're called silly names too!!! like 'bottom burps'! YUK!
    Or my ex F-in-law calls 'em ....are you ready for this?
    'triple-flutter-blasters' eeuewww!!!!
    Toni x
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    im so glad to hear this,i thought it was just me :lol: my sons do get mad with me and say mum your like a bloke. :oops: i cant help it. :roll:
  • daimler
    vaginal ones have to be the worst especialy for the reciepient :shock: i bet not many put your hands up to that one :mrgreen:
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    daimler,well thanks very much at least you cheerd me up today writing that.and no i bet not many of us own up to that one. :oops: :D
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    OK folks ... too much information, I think :shock: :shock:

Cor blimey ............ whew .......... :x ... who said that?? :roll: :wink:

Just joking, yes I agree these meds can cause havoc. Thank goodness we can come on here, where everyone understands and have a laugh at all this :lol::lol:
  • suzster
    lol kat, my cat does the same thing, although recently he did make me laugh, well until i smelt it! he's only about 7 months old but thats no excuse!
    yesterday he came into the kitchen coughing and spluntering over something, possibly a fur ball, he let out a big sneeze and at the same time the kitchen was filled with a stomache retching stink! how can such a tiny cute kitten emit such a stink i ask?!!!
    sorry, i am such a tone lowerer!!! :oops:
  • ichabod6
    Medication? Husbands? Cats? Come on ladies,
    own up.
  • suzster
    lol, i have to say that i blame either the cat of my littleone, she is still to young to realise lol.
    although when ellie was younger i remember being in a toy shop and i accidently 'popped' and so without thinking a said pardon you ellie" only for her to loudly announce "i didn't pop mummy, it was you!" how red did i go? about this red :oops: !!!
    how bad am i?!!!
  • suzster
    i'm not telling any more windy stories or you will all think i'm a bit rude!!
  • jools22
    jools22 Member Posts: 20
    I have a friend who after splitting with her partner said to me that the good thing is that she can now do it whithout shame.....all night long....
    Diclofenac does it, :D the idea of playing a tune is a good one.. let's know how do you progress :D:lol::lol::lol:
    jools
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    no one mentioned baked beans and blazing saddles film when the cowboy were around the camp fire competing, my mum did not even like saying the name of passing wind she was obviuously immune from it like the Queen and if I could I would go out of the room
  • grampyal
    grampyal Member Posts: 81
    Some time ago I was working in he home of an elderly lady who was a carer for an even older lady. The younger one told me how she was lifting the older from her chair when she (the older) broke wind. She said,"I said to Maude, Oh Maude! and she started laughing and did it again several times. I said Oh Maude you'll blow us all up and Maude answered,' Well I have to do several to get the right tone'" At this we all laughed.
  • ichabod6
    The Wayward Wind sung many years ago by a lady
    called Cogi Grant could be a good tune to try but I
    think my favourite would be Big Noise from Winnetka
    by Bing's brother Bob and the Bobcats. Who was it
    who sang The Answer is Blowing in the Wind?