Arthritis Gloves

pjreid66
pjreid66 Member Posts: 2
I don't know if anybody would be able to help me but my mum suffers from arthritis & has asked for a pair of arthrits gloves for her christmas would anyone know where i could buy them.

Any help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there,

Thank you for your question, but it's not going to be possible to give you an immediate answer. The problem is that there isn't any such thing as an arthritis glove.

What you may need to do is ask your mother what she wants the gloves for?

If they are for keeping warm, then any gloves which fit well would be appropriate, but for some people whose hands may be affected, then getting a good fit can be tricky, and bit of trial and error may be needed.

If the gloves are to help with gripping things, or somehow supporting her hands, then she may need to discuss her hands with a qualified occupational therapist - a good 1st place for your mother to discuss these kinds of needs and gadgets to help would be the disabled living foundation http://www.dlf.org.uk/

If you'd like a bit more information on managing arthritis in the hands just send an email to us: helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk with your full name and postal address and we can post you a full pack of information about this. (And the same goes for any forum readers - any of you are welcome to e-mail us for a free information pack)

Hope we can help you further

Guy