Progress at last

Options
petmad
petmad Member Posts: 252
edited 27. Nov 2008, 07:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went to hand clinic with OT's at local hospital. Prior to taking my history the OT explained they did not usualy take GP ref/s, however had noted that I have OA and thought they would call me in. Gave my history, at various stages she asked"and you were not referred to the Inflamed Joint Clinic?" Always the answer was no. She was far from pleased at this.

After assessing my hands she made me up sleeping splints and provided working splints. She wants me to ask my GP to examine my L thumb as she thinks I may have trigger finger and would then need to be refered to Orthapeadics for injections.

She advised me that the Rheumy that I saw has retired and gave me the two names of the ones presently in post to ask my GP to refer me to one of them. The OT will refer me to the Inflamed Joint Clinic while awaiting the Consultants referal. She advises that at this clinic I would see the most suitable person at any given time, the Rheumy, R/nurse, physio,OT, or Podiotrist.

Oh my goodness, at last! I feel now, at last I am getting somewhere and that they will see me as a whole person, rather than constantly send me from clinic to clinic for various different things to do with my OA.

Also sent home with ARC leaflets as well as copies ofArthritis Care booklets. These were given very high prifile in the clinic and they were delighted that I had already joined.

Only downside to the day being, I telephoned NS's sec, no date as yet for my OP.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI Petmad
    GREAT!!!
    This is real progress! When will you get your splints?
    You are going to be very busy indeed :wink:
    But it will be worth it!
    Shame about no date for op, but hopefully is will be soon - early next year?
    My ex m-in-law had a couple of trigger fingers and had injections in them and was very pleased with the results.
    Good luck with all of it
    TOni xx
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Toni, they made my splints at the clinic and then provided me with thum spica splints for working. Wore the night ones last night, my last tgoughts were 'how will iIsleep in these'? next thing I knew it was 6 am.
    Thanks for the info re injections, if it is trigger finger I will feel more confident at taking the injections. Linda