prescription charges just incase u dont no!!

mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 27. Nov 2008, 08:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all,it reminded me yesterday when i answered some1 on working matters forum.not every1 knows about prepay prescription certificates. sorry to those that do,but thought this helpful.if u r not exempt for charges u can get a form at pharmacy,if ur paying there & the for meds they will give u a refund certificate,so next time u go with the ppc they will refund the money for ur last prescription. or do it on line at www.ppa.org.uk. tel.no 0845 601 8076.u can buy 1 for 3 months £27.85,£ 102.50 for a yr,& u can pay the yrly 1 by d/debit its different rules for scotland wales ireland. this is just england.i hope im right on that 1.so if u need more than 4 items in 3months or 14 in a yr, it'll save u a small fortune.again sorry if u already know this.i was paying for ages cause i didnt know. hope iv helped some1 save some money. debs

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    as debs says, this is worth every penny.

if you apply online you get the card much quicker, & this is especially helpful if you pay by direct debit, as they don't send the card out untilthe first payment has been taken, so every second counts!

Remember to carry the card with you though, many pharmacies will not accept your prescription without it, although if you use a regular place they may get to know you so well that they don't ask!

:wink::wink: (I try not to get depressed by the fact that none of the GP receptionists need to ask my name any more, or even the ladies in the pharmacy .... but I knew things were really bad when even the ladies behind the counter at the vets didn't ask our name!!!!!) :wink:
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    If you live in Scotland the year will cost £48, it will be less next year as they are going to cancel the charges in a couple of years.

Aslo we can pay the yearly/quarterly charges at the counter, I would ask if you can do that. This is helpful, particularly if you always use the same pharmacy, then you don't need to carry the card, as they have record of your payment.
  • eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    mash65 wrote:
    hi all,it reminded me yesterday when i answered some1 on working matters forum.not every1 knows about prepay prescription certificates. sorry to those that do,but thought this helpful.if u r not exempt for charges u can get a form at pharmacy,if ur paying there & the for meds they will give u a refund certificate,so next time u go with the ppc they will refund the money for ur last prescription. or do it on line at www.ppa.org.uk. tel.no 0845 601 8076.u can buy 1 for 3 months £27.85,£ 102.50 for a yr,& u can pay the yrly 1 by d/debit its different rules for scotland wales ireland. this is just england.i hope im right on that 1.so if u need more than 4 items in 3months or 14 in a yr, it'll save u a small fortune.again sorry if u already know this.i was paying for ages cause i didnt know. hope iv helped some1 save some money. debs

I think I've been applying for a yearly Cert since I was diagnosed. My quick thinking wife soon realised everything would cost a small fortune!! I am picking up about 2-4 items every 4 weeks nowadays!! I am also very well known in the Chemist!!

Eugene.