i did my 1st mtx injection, yay!

Options
suzster
suzster Member Posts: 1,328
edited 3. Dec 2008, 03:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all, yesterday i went to have my injection training, i asked if i could do the injection and the rhuemy nurse said yes. she had originally said she'd do the 1st one but that seemed abit silly to me!!!
so after being given all the instructions i did the injection and it was fine!
i half expected myself to chicken out but i didn't and i feel very proud! sad i know, but i felt i'd done something i've never done before and managed it no problems!
:lol:

Comments

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done you, you are very very brave I would have fainted no doubt as I usually do at the sight of a needle I have to shut my eyes and the needle would go anywhere.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    I'm with Chrisov on that one!
    But seriously - well done you!
    I hope they work and you feel lots better soon
    :) Toni xx
  • katherine810
    katherine810 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    :D
    Well done !
    I do them too, so I know how nerve racking it is :)

Lots of love
    xx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    hi all, yesterday i went to have my injection training, i asked if i could do the injection and the rhuemy nurse said yes. she had originally said she'd do the 1st one but that seemed abit silly to me!!!
    i half expected myself to chicken out but i didn't and i feel very proud! sad i know, but i felt i'd done something i've never done before and managed it no problems!

Hi Suzster, just wanted to say "well done", I did my first one myself too, I still need to have the tv on when I do mine, to take my mind off of it, it is worth it to me because I don't feel nausea any more love Jaspercatxxx
  • suzster
    Options
    i think it helped that i was rushed due to problems with my poorly finger, ortho people wanted me to have a scan so nurse was under pressure to get me sorted quick! i didn't have time to think i just did it.
    i must say it was not how i thought it would be, it didn't hurt and it just came quite naturally if that makes sense?
    i was convinced when the nurse was going through it all i'd chicken out, when i actually had the syringe in my hand and the cover off the needle i had a split second thought, kind of this is it, but as soon as i had done it i felt so pleased with myself! it's a shame that my friends and family didn't seem to understand how i felt, they just wrinkled there noses and said "yuck i couldn't of done that" or words to that effect!!
    so a big thank you to you all for understanding how pleased with myself i felt, :lol: thank you!!
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Well Done You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you deserve really big pat on the back (although you may prefer my hubby's idea of praise which usually involves chocolate! :wink: )

I too have done my own injections although at the moment i am having them done by the GP practice nurse.It is not easy so well done - your family and friends just can't get past the idea of doing it themselves .... so they probaby haven't got past that to thinking about your bravery!

hope you soon get some help with your arthritis.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Well done Sue :D I still have Mtx tablets and the thought of injecting myself is very scary. Did you get a bravery sticker I'm sending you a cyber one just in case you didn't :?: :lol::wink:

Luv Legs
    :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suzster
    Options
    no i didn't get a sticker from nurse linda, but just got the one you cyber sent, it is lovely thank you!!!
  • suzster
    Options
    scottish lass, thank you for you kind words, i do feel like i'm abit more in control, it's wierd i guess as i take tablets myself but this does feel different!
    i'm also proud that i have learnt a new skill!
    is it very different doing a injection on another person rather than yourself? i'm just curious, sorry if it's a silly question!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thats really great, I had to learn to give my Mother-in-Law her insulin!!! Doing something like that keeps you independent and it must make you realise how brave you are, but they should have given you a sticker :lol: Love Sue
  • suzster
    Options
    i'll suggest stickers next time i see nurse!! :lol:
    it would be nice, after all sarah had a sticker when she had her inoculations (sp?) hubby asked them to give her one, she was only a few months old but she liked the sticker!
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    suzster wrote:

dose injection stop the sickness? pauline :oops:
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    suzster wrote:

Hi from new member
    When i where a lad i would pierce my muscles nose ears legs arms and nose. but that was so many years ago. When i had to start injecting myself it was real scary and still is. I would much rather have someone else to do it. They say it saves all the running around either to the nurse or the hospital. However it takes me so long to work myself up to doing it i could have been there and back to the hospital. Very well done to you keep it up
    Colin
  • suzster
    Options
    thank you!
    i have to say a few years ago i'd of thought nothing of having body piercing done, which involves bigger needles! not now though!!!
    i just hope i'm alright tomorrow going it alone!