new diagnosis

Options
chihuahua
chihuahua Member Posts: 3
I feel overwhelmed and frightened.
I already have crohns and severe deafness, hypothyroidism and have now gone on to develop raynauds, sjogrens, lupus, chronic muscle myopathy, drug induced movement disorder and will most probably go on to develop Parkinsons disease. I also pos on the rheumatoid factor.

I have a lot of pain, extreme fatigue, get confused, depressed, apathetic and lonely.
I think I am knocking on heavens (or hell's door)!
I am finding the new developments really hard to come to grips with.
Three years ago I had a thriving painting studio, writing a book and all that has gone and in come a wheelchair, rollator and stick.
I cant write with a pen and find reading and listening to tv difficult due subtitles going too fast.
To say I am swamped, is an understatement.
I am 55 with an indentical twin who already has Parkinsons disease and is deaf

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chihuahua

With everything that's going on for you I'm not surprised that you are feeling overwhelmed. Coming to terms with any illness and the losses associated with it can be difficult and can require all our reserves of strength and coping mechanisms to manage.
    I imagine that you have already crossed many hurdles in your life but perhaps now is a time to look at your support systems to help you through this.
    If you would like to ring us on the Helpline (we use the TypeTalk System for people who are deaf) we could talk about what might be helpful. I am also sending you a personal, confidential email reply.

Best wishes

Val
  • chihuahua
    chihuahua Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Chihuahua

With everything that's going on for you I'm not surprised that you are feeling overwhelmed. Coming to terms with any illness and the losses associated with it can be difficult and can require all our reserves of strength and coping mechanisms to manage.
    I imagine that you have already crossed many hurdles in your life but perhaps now is a time to look at your support systems to help you through this.
    If you would like to ring us on the Helpline (we use the TypeTalk System for people who are deaf) we could talk about what might be helpful. I am also sending you a personal, confidential email reply.

Best wishes

Val
    Hi Val, I didnt get a personal confidential email reply, maybe you just never got round to it. I am sure you are awful busy.
    xxchihuahua
  • helpline_team
    Options
    Hello Chihuahua

I'm sory you did not get Val's email. It seems there was a glitch in the system and it didn't reach you though it was sent. I have managed to find it amongst the rubble and tried to send it again. If you still haven't got it let us know. all the best.

Simona
  • helpline_team
    Options
    Hi
    I just deleted David's post because I don't think it was very helpful and would worry people reading it. I think people jumping to conclusions and making diagnosis like this can be very scary and inconsiderate. Only your medical team can make those judgements.
    So please people don't get worried or upset bu this .
    Chihuahua - If you want to get in touch with us direct and can't open the personal messages then just use our direct confidential email - helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk
    One of us will be available on Monday at 10am to help you.
    Take care.
    Penn - Helplines team