has anyone found an even keel?

jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 3. Dec 2008, 08:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
I worked out the other day that I haven't had a 'normal' week since last november. For a year every week something different has happened with regard to my health, just want a week off!

Now I have quite a major problem with my left wrist. About 3pm Fri I developed intense pain in my wrist and fingers. When I moved my fingers as well as pain it felt like there was pulling in my wrist. Now 3 days later its still killing me especially at my wrist at the bottom of my thumb when I life my hand or try to move it sideways. Its so painful it takes my breath away when I move it. For the past two nights its been waking me up and keeping me awake. Last night I finally went to sleep around 5.30am with my tens machine on my wrist.
Does anyone have any idea what I could have done?
I'm going to pop to see my GP tomorrow morning just so they can check it out but really don't want to go to hospital yet again (spent 11 hours in a&e the other week with my other hand). My RA and Fibro are not under control at the mo and my rheumy has taken me off most of my drugs after a bad stroke-like reaction to the anti-TNF drugs.
Sorry for the long winge, any input would be helpful! Thanks.

Comments

• eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    jenzie06 wrote:
    I worked out the other day that I haven't had a 'normal' week since last november. For a year every week something different has happened with regard to my health, just want a week off!

Now I have quite a major problem with my left wrist. About 3pm Fri I developed intense pain in my wrist and fingers. When I moved my fingers as well as pain it felt like there was pulling in my wrist. Now 3 days later its still killing me especially at my wrist at the bottom of my thumb when I life my hand or try to move it sideways. Its so painful it takes my breath away when I move it. For the past two nights its been waking me up and keeping me awake. Last night I finally went to sleep around 5.30am with my tens machine on my wrist.
    I'm going to pop to see my GP tomorrow morning just so they can check it out but really don't want to go to hospital yet again (spent 11 hours in a&e the other week with my other hand). My RA and Fibro are not under control at the mo and my rheumy has taken me off most of my drugs after a bad stroke-like reaction to the anti-TNF drugs.

Hi Jenzie,

I often find myself saying to my wife that I no longer know what normality is like, I keep joking that I haven't been well since 2002, but sadly that is true. I can honestly say I would not know what it would be like to feel healthy (ish) for a change. The last time I felt really good must have been June to Aug 2007, that's how far I have to go back. I know what you mean re "taking a week off" I keep saying I just want to stop the planet and get off for a bit! This year has been a nightmare with one thing after another. Recently I am lucky if I get one good day without feeling crappy.

I too have had bad experiences with my hands and am getting them again, they woke me up at 03.00 this morning, it felt like my right one was broken! In the past both have been painful and have gone numb. I was told I did not have Carpal Tunnel and that the elbow joints had squeezed my nerves? I would speak to your GP or even Rheumy and they will get it looked into, my Rheumy referred me onto to someone to check my hands/wrists. My Rheumy says my RA is under control (I am on Enbrel) but Fibro is anything but!! I am back to see him in a few weeks.

I hope they get this looked into for you.

Take care,

Eugene.
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Thanks for replying. I actually slept really really well last night and my hand is feeling a lot better. I think I had a trapped nerve or something, its still tender but I'm hoping I'm on the other side of it. Just going to take it easy today. I'm a bit hesitant to see my rheumy as I'm waiting to have an op on my left hand and its already been postponed once, which was really disappointing. So I think rest will help. Hope you are feeling ok on this chilly morning.
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    eugeneg wrote:
    jenzie06 wrote:

Hi Eugene tell me do you have to take the methotrexate as well as the embrel. Im on both 20mg inj Mentho and 50mg embrel. i have been on the metx for 3 years and it makes me feel real bad just can't seem to get off the damn stuff.
    Take Care
    Colin

Hi Jenzie,

I often find myself saying to my wife that I no longer know what normality is like, I keep joking that I haven't been well since 2002, but sadly that is true. I can honestly say I would not know what it would be like to feel healthy (ish) for a change. The last time I felt really good must have been June to Aug 2007, that's how far I have to go back. I know what you mean re "taking a week off" I keep saying I just want to stop the planet and get off for a bit! This year has been a nightmare with one thing after another. Recently I am lucky if I get one good day without feeling crappy.

I too have had bad experiences with my hands and am getting them again, they woke me up at 03.00 this morning, it felt like my right one was broken! In the past both have been painful and have gone numb. I was told I did not have Carpal Tunnel and that the elbow joints had squeezed my nerves? I would speak to your GP or even Rheumy and they will get it looked into, my Rheumy referred me onto to someone to check my hands/wrists. My Rheumy says my RA is under control (I am on Enbrel) but Fibro is anything but!! I am back to see him in a few weeks.

I hope they get this looked into for you.

Take care,

Eugene.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    wouldn't it be nice to have a few days of no pain, no stiffness and like you've said feeling like me again!
    i feel like all i do is moan and hurt, oh the joy of it all!