Occy Health

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
I've been off work for a period of 10 months and then i'm off now and have been for the last 2 months. I'm a care assistant so my work involves physical tasks. I have had a lot of back pain, neck pain and hand pain, and I have carpel tunnel syndrome. I have had injections at the hospital and an mri scan and xrays on my neck, which have shown oa and cts in my neck. I have to see occy health next week and I know my manager does not want me to go back as the work is too heavy, which I think is right. My GP also says this, I used to be a secretary, but she says that the typing or any computer work would be too much for me. She's very sympathetic and says she will help all she can with paper-work etc. but I feel depressed today. She said I can work again but it must be a very light job! Its not just the not working that is getting me down, but the pain. All my hobbies involve using my hands a lot and I find it painful and hard. Also I feel that OA is taking me over quite a bit and I'm always thinking of what I will miss and I worry about how bad it will get. I'm taking antidepressants, and I'm fine a lot of the time but sometimes it just all feels too much. I am also not sure what comes next in terms of treatment, the hospital doc did suggest surgery for my cps. OH what a moaner I am, sorry. Sue

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,489
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    I've been off work for a period of 10 months and then i'm off now and have been for the last 2 months. I'm a care assistant so my work involves physical tasks. I have had a lot of back pain, neck pain and hand pain, and I have carpel tunnel syndrome. I have had injections at the hospital and an mri scan and xrays on my neck, which have shown oa and cts in my neck. I have to see occy health next week and I know my manager does not want me to go back as the work is too heavy, which I think is right. My GP also says this, I used to be a secretary, but she says that the typing or any computer work would be too much for me. She's very sympathetic and says she will help all she can with paper-work etc. but I feel depressed today. She said I can work again but it must be a very light job! Its not just the not working that is getting me down, but the pain. All my hobbies involve using my hands a lot and I find it painful and hard. Also I feel that OA is taking me over quite a bit and I'm always thinking of what I will miss and I worry about how bad it will get. I'm taking antidepressants, and I'm fine a lot of the time but sometimes it just all feels too much. I am also not sure what comes next in terms of treatment, the hospital doc did suggest surgery for my cps. OH what a moaner I am, sorry. Sue

Dear Sue

It sounds as if things have been difficult for you for some time and sometimes it helps to speak about this so it is good that you have been able to do this on the forum. I will be sending you today a private reply to look at the issues you have raised in your message.

Best Wishes
    Dawn