Signed off sick............worried about effect on my job

parky2
parky2 Member Posts: 52
Wondering if anyone can help me? I have been signed off work sick for at least the next 2 weeks. Go to see Rheumatologist on 18th November, basically my hands are making it near to impossible for me to carry out every day tasks, never mind my job.

Anyway, Im really concerned as I was off for 6 months last year following surgery and now am off sick again. Im so worried I am going to get a disciplinery (sp) for being off again. My manager is well aware of my 'diagnosis' and has been nothing but lovely, told me to take as much time as I needed until I was feeling 'better' but still playing on the back of my mind is the fact that I am off again and obviously the stress of worrying about this really isnt helping.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Is it worth me contacting my local CAB just to see where I would stand?

L xoxox

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    parky2 wrote:
    Wondering if anyone can help me? I have been signed off work sick for at least the next 2 weeks. Go to see Rheumatologist on 18th November, basically my hands are making it near to impossible for me to carry out every day tasks, never mind my job.

Anyway, Im really concerned as I was off for 6 months last year following surgery and now am off sick again. Im so worried I am going to get a disciplinery (sp) for being off again. My manager is well aware of my 'diagnosis' and has been nothing but lovely, told me to take as much time as I needed until I was feeling 'better' but still playing on the back of my mind is the fact that I am off again and obviously the stress of worrying about this really isnt helping.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Is it worth me contacting my local CAB just to see where I would stand?

L xoxox
    hi u,your entitled to 26wks ssp,then incapacity benefit .my understanding is they cannot finish u unless occy health says u cannot do ur job,but r obliged to considered another job u can do. i dont know what u do for a living? pm me but im no expert but finished on health grounds.debs
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Have you asked union for help or seen occupational health to recommend any equipment to make jobs easier? good luck