Incapacity/ DLA

Options
tjenny54321
tjenny54321 Member Posts: 64
Are Incapacity benefit claimants treated the same way regarding the new rules to get people back into work? None of of us should be pressured but after the 3 year fight to get DLA I don't want another fight with them.

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi i am just in the situation of applying for the new benefit as my SSP is just coming to an end its quite a worrying time as i had problems in 2005 after i had had a hystorectomy after being of work for a year due to severe animia due to being a woman , i was told by a tin pot assesser that i should be back to work 7 weeks after i had had my op , i did appeal and won but still went back to work as soon as i was fit . but with all the new stuff about benefits i think i might have a fight on to get it in the first place ,as my body wont let me work at the moment , so i will let all know how it turns out , {hugs may}xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Are Incapacity benefit claimants treated the same way regarding the new rules to get people back into work? None of of us should be pressured but after the 3 year fight to get DLA I don't want another fight with them.

The new rules aren't published until Jan 2009 and don't come in until 2010/11, so there is no need to worry at the moment. :D

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif