Had a fall today

weetabix
weetabix Member Posts: 43
edited 31. Dec 2008, 14:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
i slipped at my grandaughters yard where she keeps her pony I was being the chauffer for the day as her mum and dad were working.I slipped on some ice, someone had thrown a bucket of water and it froze it.

I have hurt my back a bit i cant seem to walk properly with it..I dont know if i should get an exray.

its that bone at the bottom of my back dont know what its called its not bruised though or at least last time I looked it wasnt.

sorry to moan
weetabix

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Weetabix,
    Ouch! That's sore (think it's your coccyx-spelling?) Hope you're feeling better soon,
    Magenta x
  • weetabix
    weetabix Member Posts: 43
    Yhanks Magenta

think i may get an ex-ray its hurting a lot. it may be just bruised inside but at least ill know. or do you think they wil think I am wasting their time.

weetabix
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    If in doubt go. Don't leave it until it gets worse. :wink:
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Best to get something done about it, I broke mine about 7 years ago and have problems sitting on some seats.

Just have a thought as to where the osteopath sticks his fingers to push it back into place if it is still displaced....... :(
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Ouch! I bruised my coccyx many years ago when I fell off my bike in the snow.

I didn't do anything about it - probably too embarrassed :oops: - at the time but I wish I had since.

It took ages to settle and even now I have difficulty sitting for long periods.

Take care.

Patrick
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Hope you have taken yourself off to the hospital. Bruising your tailbone is one of the most painful injuries. Hope you get better soon. Linda
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Weetabix, my opinion is that you should get an x-ray asap, then it will reassure you, I hope it is good news for you, please let us know how you get on, by the way is Weetabix your favourite cereal? love Jaspercatxxx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Hiya Weetabix,
    I tried to reply last night but computer went all wonky! I agree with others, best to get it checked out. You won't be wasting anyones time-is it still as sore? Hope it's not bothering you too much :wink:
    Magenta x