One step forward, two steps backwards!

Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 31. Jan 2009, 13:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI guys & gals,

Had a great day last Wednesday :D (definitely overdid it!), but spent Thursday and Friday in bed recovering. :x

This week, great day Wednesday (maybe overdid it? :roll: ) finally managing to get to Tai Chi for the first time since November :D ...........
Today felt sick, tired, drained, & slept all afternoon again. :x

Now of course .... I'm wide awake!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Seems just when I thought I had learned to pace myself, I need to try a bit harder not to try too hard! :? :?

Oh well, tomorrow's another day ................
:wink:

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Wonky
    Trouble is when you don't feel too bad you try and do everything you've missed and pay for it. Always a high price though :roll: Buy some post it notes and stick slow down around the house, doesn't keep me out of the fridge but might work for you :)
    Love
    Vonski x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Legs
    Well the fact is we just dont learn because as soon as you feel a bit better you try to do all the things you can and catch up with all the things you missed out. Its a bit of a catch 22 i think the only way is if you feel better and your getting some relief from the pain is to stay in bed and enjoy it. But if your like me you just have to tempt fate and do things, then back to square one lol.
    Take care
    Colin
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Sorry you feel bad, but glad you've enjoyed yourself!!! I know we should pace ourselves, but I'm just as bad at not doing it :!: Lets face, life is too short not to make the most of sometimes, and when you're lying in bed feeling poorly you'll have some good memories to amuse yourself with :D Love Suexx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    But Wonky, when you're lying in bed and paying for overdoing it remind yourself it was worth it and there'll quiet days again when you can have a helluva time. Life's for living too and not always being cautious :shock: You go for it gal :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Wonkylegs
    thanks guys - :) you area all right - the memory of what was good IS worth it, it just doesn't get the ironing done or the washing-up :roll: ...... but I have had words with the man in my life and he is going to try to help a bit more :D:D ...... and I went out on the train this afternoon and managed much more than I had yesterday, so that was good.

I love the post-it note idea!!!!!!! I bought hubby a pack of brightly coloured little post-its for Christmas, so might get another pack and he will wonder what has happened when he gets back from work to find notes everywhere!!

Like the advert says .... the possibilities are endless!!!!!

:idea: I wonder if nagging by post-it note might be more effective than the verbal kind? :wink::wink::wink:
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Hi Wonkylegs I wonder if I am included in being worth it on that Wednesay he he I certainly thought it was and what I do if I know I am going or doing something out of the ordinary as in our meet up I dont do a lot for a couple of days before hand and then defo rest afterwards the next day Thursdy I told my in law sister I wolud be in bed resting they think thats lazy but it is needed.
  • woodie
    woodie Member Posts: 10
    Hi, Its not lazy to rest when you feel unwell :? iTS SILLY to fight on trying to do things when you feel poorly and tired. Thats been proved, people who spend a few days in bed when ill, get better faster. I think its understandable when people say things to get upset, but they really don't know what they're talking about!!! So TRY and let it go over your head. You know whats right for you :) .

So have good times and rest afterwards, we've only got one life. Live each day as it comes. I TRY to, but, don't always manage it! Love SUe. xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    thanks guys - :) ...................
    :idea: I wonder if nagging by post-it note might be more effective than the verbal kind? :wink::wink::wink:

Didn't you realise Wonky that we women don't nag it's just that most men have a hearing problem :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Hi Legs Pardon what was that you nagged I mean said he he ??????l
  • Wonkylegs
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hubby even admitted today that he maybe needs his ears checked as he was missing half of everything I was saying!

post-it notes are going to work really well :wink::D:lol:
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Asked hubby if post it notes would work on him. He said no way he'd just ignore them he needs a verbal nagging. He says it's called earache :) It will be by the time I've finished with him :):)

Love Vonski x