kayleighb
kayleighb Member Posts: 12
edited 31. Jan 2009, 05:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I am new to the site. Still kinda figuring everything out.

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for eight years now. Was diagnosed when I was 15. Really kind of glad I stumbled across this; find it really hard sometimes to talk about this part of my life with others around me and hopefully it will be a lot easier to do so with people that understand themselves. Nice to know I have somewhere to turn to.

So...'Hi' :)

Kayleigh

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Kayliegh,
    Glad you found this site, it does help to be able to talk to people in the same boat. You'll find lots of great, helpful people here :lol: Love SUE xx
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Hello Kayleigh and welcome, this is a great site to be on you will get plenty of help and advise and its nice to know theres always someone to listen when you're feeling low.

debs
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Kayleigh,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome. I, too, am a rheumatoid and the way I walk I think rheumatoid is related to an android :lol::lol:

Having RA for 8 years you'll have valuable experience to pass onto others and on the other hand any questions you have, please ask because someone here is likely to have the answer. This is a site also for those bad, bleak, miserable days - we're all quite expert at ranting too :wink: ......so whatever you need we're here :D

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • honeykins59
    honeykins59 Member Posts: 20
    hi kayleigh welcome i am a newbie as well i have rh for 5 years so you will have a little bit more experience ans knowledge than me and you are younger than me but welcome anyway :):):)
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Kayleigh, welcome to the site. I just found it last Friday after being diagnosed with advanced stage OA in my spine the previous Monday. I'm 33 today and I know how you feel when you say you can't discuss this part of your life. Everyone who knows me thinks I am a tough cookie but this has really taken the wind out my sails. I spent the first few days crying behind closed doors. But coming here and listening to other people's stories and sharing tips has been a godsend to me. I haven't been upset enough to the point of crying once since joining. I am really starting to think on the positive side. You'll find some lovely people here. I honestly thought a site like this would be full of moaners & it's not at all, everyone has genuine issues and are coping the best they can. Some stories have really inspired me.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Kayleigh

Welcome! There is also the young people's Zone as well. Loads to choose from on this site!

I find the time flies when I get on this very addictive site and then panic as there is no dinner on the go or I have not got to the shops or something like that!

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Kayleigh, welcome to the site. I just found it last Friday after being diagnosed with advanced stage OA in my spine the previous Monday. I'm 33 today ......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ECKSTARDELUXE
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

g140.gif

Luv Legs :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Jeannie
    Jeannie Member Posts: 29
    A very Happy Birthday from the moderators, Bob, the web manager, and me!! :D

Jeannie2 (Forum Supervisor)
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Why thank you legs.That made me :) Thanks too Jeannie and everyone!
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    kayleighb wrote:
    H

Hi Kayleigh
    Nice of you to drop in welcome to the site I'm quite new myself
    You found a great site and the people here are so nice and helpful
    Take care catch you round the site
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Kayleigh
    Welcome to the forum from me too.
    As has already been sid - this is a great place to be for advice a laugh or sometimes just to moan!!
    Take care
    toni x
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Welcome to the site Kayleigh. :lol:

As said before, this is a great place where you will get loads of advice and support. See you around.

Take care

Pluggxx