unusual case

suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 31. Jan 2009, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I visit from a nice man to see if adaptation could be fitted on my house ie grab rail in bathroom ect i have now got a seat to sit in bath and he is getting me a rail fitted. It went well but found i had to lay it all on the line and sell myself I got the you are young bit and that i was an unususual case this unusual case has been said before to me and i find it unbelivable how riddiculas what people say you have to really sell yourself fight for every thing and you get silly comments I dont believe you who would choose grab rails for nothing and i am sertainly not unusual he gave me a seat and will arrange rails and yes it was quite amusing having a sixty year old bounce up and down in me bath to check the seat wont move about but I found it hard to talk and say look i would not have potty trained son dress do all the thing you take for granted if it not for drugs and steroid injections and break through to people yes i look young heathy but im not.from joanne price
Joanne

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Jan 2009, 14:03
    Hi Joanne
    As if you would want grab rails etc.. just for fun!!!! :shock: It should be approached more professionally by people so not to offend their customers (ie you!!) I hope the adaptations make life a little easier for you. It is most peoples opinion that arthur doesn`t happen to young people, WRONG! And you can be ill without it being stamped on your forehead!!
    Nicola
  • woodie
    woodie Member Posts: 10
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,
    Perhaps he thought you wanted to use the grab rails to hang the washing on :D
    I always feel that the if the postman catches me in in my dressing gown, :shock: he'll think I'm lazy, not having a bad day and staying in bed longer! :) Glad you're getting the rails, personally I think a lot of people would be safer with them. We moved from a house with a bath that had handles, to a house without, (before arther), and I felt quite unsafe getting out at first. Love Sue
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    I visit from a nice man to see if adaptation could be fitted on my house ie grab rail in bathroom ect i have now got a seat to sit in bath and he is getting me a rail fitted. It went well but found i had to lay it all on the line and sell myself I got the you are young bit and that i was an unususual case this unusual case has been said before to me and i find it unbelivable how riddiculas what people say you have to really sell yourself fight for every thing and you get silly comments I dont believe you who would choose grab rails for nothing and i am sertainly not unusual he gave me a seat and will arrange rails and yes it was quite amusing having a sixty year old bounce up and down in me bath to check the seat wont move about but I found it hard to talk and say look i would not have potty trained son dress do all the thing you take for granted if it not for drugs and steroid injections and break through to people yes i look young heathy but im not.from joanne price
    Hi Joanne
    Unusual my left foot it is sad that anyone with an illness should have to sell themselves. What do they want flashing lights and neon signs, the fact that you have been reffered to them should be enough without causing you to feel bad or that you need to prove yourself. Its bad enough just coping with the illness never mind people like that. You must tell me one thing though Joanne when he was bouncing up and down in your bath did he have his clothes on. The other thing is that prats like this can make decisions that effect your life. But its ok they are fully trained. You take care.
    Colin
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604

Hi Joanne,
    Glad you managed to get these adaptations organised. Just ignore the wee man :wink:
    Magenta x
  • suncatcher
    [ Yes the nice older person had cloths and left dirty foot prints in bath. I thought he might break bath and if he did that and maybe have fallen through seiling bouncing he did.
    I thought he is twice my age and he has more energy than me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I thought he would break the bath.
    then when he was happy the bath seat fitted he got out and wanted to watch me get in the bath fully clothed this amused my four year old who wanted to know what we were doing.
    I saw the man off later on to go up stairs and find son in bath fully
    clothed looking very pleased with him self. :o:o:o:o:o
    I got him out and i had to clean the bath as it was muddy now causing me more house work and im a bit achy well very achy and am not wanting more work
    I used a long handled brush and serilizing solution now bathroom is sparkling and i was exhausted. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) JOANNE PRICE
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    [thanks for your comments. I feel I have to repeat my self over when they say your so young etc i say no i am not to young to have Arthritus may be I should get a t shirt printed save me saying it. :P :P :P :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: people get on my nurves saying it. from joanne price
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    It is bad enough having the disease and have all this on top.thanks for your kind words I feel better I never imagined doing this at 38.
    from joanne :o:o:o:o:o:cry: :oops: :( :P :P :P :P
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    [ I dont like any one seeing me in dressing gown for same reason. and thats a good idea for airing washi
    ng :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    thanks im cheered with comments from joanne
    Joanne