Gas Bill

noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 1. Feb 2009, 14:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yikes just got my winter gas bill and its £280 is that a lot it seems to be but it has been cold how does it compare to others need to save money raid my piggy bank

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    im all electric,my past bills have been,£389,£409,the last 1 £204.
    i think that last 1 is cause i stripped the kids rooms cause they were staying up all night on computor,had everything on at the same time/i moved the computor into ur bedroom so bed time was bed time.
    im dreading the next bill as heatings on full.
    so far 3 quarterly bills have come to about £1000.i'll be selling all the electricals at this rate to pay the nx bill :x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, we have just changed to a new company, we were with Eon but they were always increasing their bills, and in december they took £77 out of Malcolm's bank account, no warning nothing. We have gone onto direct debit but are still seriously worried about things love Jaspercatxx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Oh NO! I am seriously worried. Not got our bills yet but as I am off sick and have heating on 90% of time , I am hiding form the postman from now on. Our heating bills are high anyway but am sure we`ll be struggling with this one as I have just gone on half pay :cry:
    I think I`ll take up knitting, woolly trousers, socks, jumpers, balaclavas ..............................
  • michelle22
    michelle22 Member Posts: 93
    I have all my gas and elct on meter so I pay as you go but I know in the last two months I have spent about £200 on the gas :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • noeltone
    As this bill covers heating and hot water I guess it is not to bad for the coldest period of the year it is still a lot of money to keep warm and well with arthurititis
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    noeltone wrote:
    Yikes just got my winter gas bill and its £280 is that a lot it seems to be but it has been cold how does it compare to others need to save money raid my piggy bank

No end to rising costs we put away £200 a month for gas and electric our last bill for both was around £800
    Colin
  • noeltone
    As well as gas which gets paid when it comes in I pay £70 a month dd for electricyty but in todays paper B Gas who I am with for both supplies is bringing the cost down on Feb 19th by 10% how,d they manage it so not time to shop around yet as other suppliers might follw siut and an enrergy price war might begin it is freezing without heat
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    I pay mine monthly, this can be a bind in the summer when I have to continue paying, however it is the only way I can meet the bills. Linda
  • bluesky05
    bluesky05 Member Posts: 39
    Grrr!!!!!!!!!!.......................energy companies!!!!

I pay some of mine weekly, and some of mine every three months.

All I can say is, that it is getting more and more difficult to pay these bills if not nigh on impossible.

What worries me is that we are so used to having heat, hot water, running water etc. what will actually happen when we can't round up the little resources we have to pay these greedy people what they think that we owe them.

There is a real imbalance here and it is just not fair!

I am getting seriously annoyed and thank God for people like Kris Hawkins, Trevor & Barbara Broakes and everyone who enables the message that these bills are too high and unfair for the ordinary person, never mind the likes of us with arthritis in anyone of it's numerous forms. Something has to be done! :)
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    apparently according to martin lewis on GMTV British gas is dropping their prices but not everyone is going to benefit from the cuts so we shall see :roll: