Women only

luckybug
luckybug Member Posts: 205
edited 5. Feb 2009, 17:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone else worry about there breasts? I am on humira and am concerned all the time about lymphoma and cancers, I have an ache in one of my breasts, but because I cannot feel them with my arms being fixed, I wondered do any other women suffer like this? And what do you do, I don't have a partner so thats out of the question, and I wouldn't let my mum touch my boobs, nor would she want to, but this is niggling me, it could be just a bruise as they are quite big and am always banging them on door handles, it could be my bone of my bra, it could also be a pulled muscle as I have been trying to raise my arms above my head, but I am concerned, so looks like the GP monday. Why isn't life simpler.

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Luckybug,
    Have you got a Wellwoman clinic? If not then GP it is. Let us know how you get on,
    Magenta x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    hey ok i know woman only, as if the guys wont take a peek. Get yourself to the GP as soon as, and it will put your mind at rest. Take Care
    Colin
    PS I'm not sure i undersand how " door handles" lol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Lucky
    Have you been to the Dr's yet?
    Please please go - It's just NOT worth the risk :shock:
    Take care
    Toni x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    when in doubt get it checked out from joanne price
    Joanne
  • woodie
    woodie Member Posts: 10
    I know you lucky, you've requested women only, :oops: but men get breast cancer too.

As others have said, any worries, get medical advice asap. You're probably OK, most of us are, but, we need to make sure. :) I paid for a private mamogamme when I was worried and did'nt think the hospital was quick enough :!: All OK. Take Care Love Sue xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    If it helps to put your mind at rest a little I have six friends who've had breast cancer, two have died sadly - but in all their cases none had an area of breast that actually hurt them. From what I understand the lumps don't hurt and that's why alot of women don't know they have brest cancer at first :shock: Sorry don't want to alarm you even more - one of my elbows is fixed and the other the movement is very limited so self-examination for me, too, is very difficult.

Ill fitting bras can often give you a bruised sensation especially from the wires at the bottom - so this, I would think, is likely to be the cause.

As everyone has suggested go to your GP and ask for a thorough examination and that will help to stop you worrying.

I'm sure you'll be fine :D

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    woodie wrote:
    I know you lucky, you've requested women only, :oops: but men get breast cancer too.

As others have said, any worries, get medical advice asap. You're probably OK, most of us are, but, we need to make sure. :) I paid for a private mamogamme when I was worried and did'nt think the hospital was quick enough :!: All OK. Take Care Love Sue xxx
  • ifeelninety
    ifeelninety Member Posts: 57
    When I am at the Rheumy clinic at outpatients - they always have a sign up that the Breast Care nurse is in if any one wants to see er no app necc. - May be worth checking if your local hospital has this facility too.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    When I am at the Rheumy clinic at outpatients - they always have a sign up that the Breast Care nurse is in if any one wants to see er no app necc. - May be worth checking if your local hospital has this facility too.

That's really useful to know ifeel90, I shall see if my clinic has one when I next go :D

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    colinone wrote:
    hey ok i know woman only, as if the guys wont take a peek. Get yourself to the GP as soon as, and it will put your mind at rest. Take Care
    Colin
    PS I'm not sure i undersand how " door handles" lol

I'm falling over laughing here.... I rarely wear a bra as they hurt my shoulders and have more trouble getting them on than enough, and unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately as they are one of my best assets they are rather large, and dangle in the most ridiculous places....hence door handles, lol :D
    On a nicer note, went to the docs everythings fine, thanks for all your comments.
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Hi,
    That's good news Luckybug. Now you can relax again :wink:
    Magenta x