ESA AND WORK

yorkie
yorkie Member Posts: 57
HI FRIENDS,
I AM ON SSP AT THE MOMENT, IF I WENT ON ESA(INCAP) CAN YOU WORK JUST AFEW HOURS A WEEK WHILE ON IT? I FEEL I COULD WORK ALITTLE, BUT NOT AS MANY AS I DID.WORKING LAST SUMMER I FELT ALL MY GOOD HOURS OUT OF THE DAY WERE SPENT ON WORK THEN I WOULD COME HOME AND GO LIE ON THE BED AND HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO MAKE TEA WHEN FAMILY WOULD SHOUT UP WHENS TEA READY? .IT WOULD BE A LOVELY DAY OUTSIDE AND I WOULD MISS THE TIME I COULD SPEND IN IT LAID ON THE BED. I WOULD THINK TO MYSELF "I CAN`T BE RIGHT I MUST BE BAD TO HAVE NO ENERGY AND FEEL AS I DO. I LOVE TO GARDEN AND HAVE A SMALL ALLOTMENT, BUT IT GOT ABIT LOST TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR. I DO FEEL BETTER BEING OFF, BUT AS SO MANY SAY I FEEL GUILTY AND I AM SICK OF EXPLAINING MYSELF TO PEOPLE. UNLESS YOUR JOINTS ARE TERRIBLE SWOLLEN OR YOUR LIMPING AROUND YOU FEEL A FAKE ( NOT TO MY FAMILY THOUGH). I HAVE HAD BAD FLARE UPS LIKE THAT BUT THE MTX IS HELPING THEN JUST WHEN YOU FEEL YOUR GETTING SOMEWHERE IT HITS YOU AGAIN. NO TWO DAYS SEEM THE SAME.I AM WORRIED IF I GO BACK TO WORK TOO SOON I MIGHT HAVE TO LET THEM DOWN AGAIN. ATLEAST IF YOU ONLY WORK AFEW HOURS YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO MOVE THOSE HOURS AROUND TO SUIT YOUR BEST DAYS HOPEFULLY. IF MONEY WASN`T NEEDED AS MUCH IT WOUDN`T BE A PROBLEM. I`M 50 AND HAVE HAD PA 14 YEARS AND ALWAYS WORKED EXCEPT FOR AFEW BAD FLARE UPS , BUT ALWAYS RETURNED TO WORK AFTER ABOUT 12 WEEKS,

Comments

• eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi yorkie
    I'm with Scottishlass here get the whip out. Are you recieving benifits DLA, invaladity, mobility or anything like that. if so be careful who you talk to about return to work. The best people to talk to are CAB or the unemployment centre, not the dole or social whatever they are called these days. You may find you can get financial help from either of those and they are very good. I know finance can be a real problem when you have a lont term illness and the stress of it all does not help. Now get that whip cracking
    take care i hope things get sorted for you
    Colin
  • yorkie
    yorkie Member Posts: 57
    colinone wrote:
    Hi yorkie
    I'm with Scottishlass here get the whip out. Are you recieving benifits DLA, invaladity, mobility or anything like that. if so be careful who you talk to about return to work. The best people to talk to are CAB or the unemployment centre, not the dole or social whatever they are called these days. You may find you can get financial help from either of those and they are very good. I know finance can be a real problem when you have a lont term illness and the stress of it all does not help. Now get that whip cracking
    take care i hope things get sorted for you
    Colin
    Hi Colin,
    Thanks for your reply. No I am not on benifits DLA or others. I am applying for ESA shortly and wondered how I stood regarding work on this if my flareups get less frequent. not able to work as much as I used to.
    Thanks and best wishes to you and all who replied to my post.YORKIE