Back at work

denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
Hi
I have OA in my hips and I have been off work for 3 weeks due to a fall down the stairs,I only work p/t in a shop, to which I returned to this week, but omg I cant believe that I have stood there for all this time in so much pain, its only after returning to work I realise exactly how much my work affects me, but I enjoy getting out of the house and doing a job where I meet people, and the money does help pay the bills so I cant afford to give up work.
Anyway I just wanted to share that with someone.
Thanks for my moan.
Denise

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Denise,
    Good for you-getting back to work. I know it's hard but as you've said, you need to get out and meet people-and the moneys good too!
    Magenta x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi there

I hear you, you are speaking my thoughts! My diagnosis came whilst on Maternity Leave after having my son. I have advanced OA in my spine & sacral area, 3 bulging discs & spinal stenosis. I always had sore backs, I just thought it was a side effect of my childhood illness. I went back to work this week. I've dropped my hours down to 18 but man, I can't believe how tired and sore I am just working those hours. Sorry if TMI, but I tend to be worse at the time of the month and obviously hormonal! My back was so sore Wednesday I cried when I came home, I just want so badly to keep working and let my kids see me trying my best but it just got too much for me. I kept thinking I've only done 12 hours and I can't even cope with that, it just got me so down. But just typical of Arthur, Thursday was a good day and I felt better.
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi
    Isnt it good to know that others feel exactly the same. I want to go to work, and I want to do it for ME. I am not saying that I am a company person (LIKE MY MANAGER) far from it !! I go because it gives me a purpose and a reason to get up and ready in a morning and as I found out when I was off sick for 3 weeks, one day would just blend into another if I didnt have a job.
    Denise.x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi again Denise, I feel the same way. I have a 3 year old & a 10 month old baby who weighs 25lbs!! Why would I want to stay at home all day & watch Cbeebies & struggle to care for my son when I can be out having some adult company & earning money to boot. Plus it takes your mind off everything, even just for a short time. I've already been told from people I shouldn't be working but that just makes me more determined. I was always that kid that if you said don't touch the cooker I just had to do it! The thing is I actually have a great Manager & I feel so sorry for her. She has a few people who take sickies alot & I think she was worried I might do the same. I work 3 days for 6 hours, I just take every day as it comes & even when it's hard I just think it's only 3 days, come on you can do it. I can't say how things will turn out but at least I'm giving it a go & if it gets too much I'll stop. Like last week though, there are times when I do think I'm taking on too much but as my hubby is in the building trade I think with the current climate, it really is the best thing for me to keep working. I told him last night if he loses his job I'll increase my hours & he said he'd feel awful that the disabled one is out working whilst he's at home. He keeps forgetting how bad I was without meds & how much he helped me & still does. I have to keep reminding him a marriage is a partnership.