Partners

badger
badger Member Posts: 178
I have been asking if any partners use the site and so far I have had no repleys. Except from those with arthritis.

Do I take it from this responce that only people with arthritis use the site or as I did for a long time just watch and not consider their feelings or knowledge important.

Any ideas on how we could find out?

I would encourage anyones partner to look at the postings as they give a real insight into the working of arthritis, and its effect on life.

An I olone out here?

all the best
Badger

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi,if ur finding no response on here u could try.. yourable.com they have a carers forum.it costs nothing to join.or goggle artritis forums.theres loads of forums out there. sorry if u feel uv had no response some of the forums can be a bit slow,as we all have diffirent problems & not every1 can respond quickly. good luck ur not alone out there. debs
  • badger
    Thanks I will give the website a go.

But I do not wish to give up just yet on finding other carers on here.

All the very best
    Badger
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 21. Feb 2009, 05:25
    I know there are/have been other partners/carers posting on here. I private message one every so often, He has his own medical problems and cares for his wife full time who has arthritis.

Understandably he does not have time to be on here much at all. He obviously does log on otherwise he would not see my messages to him. He has not posted on the forum though for around one year but I am sure he has a quick glance to see what is going on.

Some carers post for a while with questions and then disappear, return or we never hear from them again.

Many people come and go on this site, for varying reasons but it is very reassuring to know that everyone is here for us as and when we need them.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Simon has posted a question on here regarding his girlfriends latest appointment with her consultant. He does not say that he has arthritis but she certainly does.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • badger
    Elnafinn

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yes it is very reassuring to know that everyone here is so helpful, and that they will be there when we need them.

I have found the site to be just what I need in order to cope.

All the best
    Badger.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    Hello Badger
    We are happy to take postings and answer questions from partners/friends/family here. Have you tried a posting on the 'Living with Arthritis' site. I have seen postings from carers there. I see you have already found the carers site on our website but if we can help you please feel free to contact us either here or on the freephone number.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • badger
    Thank you very much for your help. I was actually wondering how many people actually use the site, who do not suffer from arthritis themselves?

What part of this site if any do I use to contact the partners of people with arther?

All the best
    Badger
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    There isn't a specific site for carers but try the 'Living with Arthritis' site and see who comes back to you.
    Val