NOT ON NSAIDS

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
hi i was taken off nsaids coz had bad asthma things come up from having them what can i take for the pain now doc said i cant use ibuprofen? isnt a anti inflam better than just paracetamol?

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Kezzo,

Just to re-cap if that's ok. You are 27, with a young child and on mtx injections at the moment and had been discussing the possiblity of going on sulpahzelazine in addition I think. And now the rheumatology clinic are concerned that your anti-inflammatory may be associated with breathing problems.

All of this suggests that your arthritis may be quite active at the moment and I just wonder how under control it is.

I wonder whether your clinic have gone over your blood results with you and given you an idea of how things are going? If your inflammation is still high you could ask them to check your Disase Activity Score - that may give treatment options.

Because you've been in touch with us here on chat to Helplines so much I'm wondering whether you have enough support over your arthritis?

On the question of the anti-inflammatory, you may need to talk to the clinic about what can help your pain. There is good evidence now that taking at least 3g of fish oil supplements a day can help improve RA for example - That could be worth discussing possibly.

all the best
    Guy
  • kezzo1
    kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thanks guy yes thats me! ive just put a post to u lol yeh its still not under control :-( and no not enought support i must say.