interview

bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
well i ve got my first appointment for back to work focused interview , don't know what to expect , when you cant do the general things round the home how do they expect you to hold a job down as well , do they care that i cant sleep , or have to drag my self up stairs at night , or can only stand for a short while , cant walk as far without constant pain , if i didn't need all the pain relief and was in pain i would still be at work , i feel a failure all to soon sorry i know i am probably ranting ,
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• bertyboy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well since posting this i ve just had a phone call and my appointment has just been canceled not impressed as you get your self sorted and ready which all takes its tole , they are short staffed , i know i will apply for a job there lol :roll:
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Bertyboy
    I bet your emotions are all over the place at the moment, especially with getting yourself geared up for the interview, and then they cancel at the last minute!
    Well you have a reprieve for the time being, and you could use this time to prepare your information for next time.
    I have had a letter from ESA asking me to go for a medical this week, and I told them that I had had my THR last week , so they asked for evidence from my GP. Last night at 8pm I got a phone call asking me to make an appointment for the same medical! I told them the same, and was told they would make an appointment anyway :shock: and they would still wait for a fax form my GP. I think they think I`m making my op up! I wish!! They really do not understand how stressful these situations are. I know, I`ll drag my swollen leg to work today shall I? GRRR
  • bertyboy
    ive not had any replace ments yet going through the alternatives at the moment , can you not send them copys of letters you have had from the hospital about the addmision date and reliese date follow up appointments , makes you wonder what they listen to and what they read x very much in line with the peter and jane books at school , one word at a time xxxx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Bertyboy sorry you got all worked up for nothing employers will never understand the effect they have on you when they treat you in this way. Its hard on you when you cant go to work and even harder mentally, Its in the lap of the gods Bertyboy I had to retire a few years ago Ra and Pa i'm 62 now never been out of work in my life it was hard to deal with and i would love to be back at work, but nothing i can do, your not a failure mate its not your fault some of us just draw the short straw. Take Care and keep your chin up
    Colin
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    colinone wrote:
    Hi Bertyboy sorry you got all worked up for nothing employers will never understand the effect they have on you when they treat you in this way. Its hard on you when you cant go to work and even harder mentally, Its in the lap of the gods Bertyboy I had to retire a few years ago Ra and Pa i'm 62 now never been out of work in my life it was hard to deal with and i would love to be back at work, but nothing i can do, your not a failure mate its not your fault some of us just draw the short straw. Take Care and keep your chin up
    Colin

Hi Bertyboy

On Wednesday 8th April we are going to try and set a new record for most people being online at the same time on this site. I think the time is set for 6pm if you can join us please let BADGER know. If you cant locate him have a look on CHIT CHAT FORUM under are we going to break the record. We need your help to do this so please join us.
    Colin