Shellshocked too now! Dear me.

sadandshocked2
sadandshocked2 Member Posts: 20
Hello, and thank you to everyone in here.
What to do now?
I work in local govet at a homeless hostel. I was undiagnosed for two and a half years.
Have had OT assessment and H&S Assessment. (Chocolate frying pan comes to mind).

I haven't got the pain under control, have come off tramadol,ibuprofen and gabapentin, am trying voltarol, but its givin me terrible tums.
At work its very much muck in, and help residents, who may SUE the authority if we dont follow H&S but staff just get on with no manual handling training no PPE and broken furniture.
Thompsons have now stepped in, and are taking on my case.
I'm going to run out of space!................ :arrow:

Comments

• sadandshocked2
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm going to run out of space!................ :arrow:[/quote]

The stress involved is awful too, my workstation is a joke. I need to get the right meds. then what?
    Do i claim what used to be called incapacity and dla after my ssp runs out?

I have OA in hip. and L6 (lower back) any help and or advice would be of help.
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    hi,just to let u know u can put in a claim for dla at any time,dont have to wait til ssp runs out.its not means tested,doesnt affect any other benefits. beware that most r being turned down 1st time.
    u can read my horror story in my posts,ahhhh!!!but dont be put off.
    send in as much medical evidence as possible & detail all care & mobility issues as they go on this more than ur condition.
    good luck,if u need more advice were always here. debsx
  • sadandshocked2
    Thanks Debs i will read your posts.

What sort of evidence did you have to supply? I have had an mri epidural xrays chiropractor nhs physio and private physio as well as private and nhs consultant, do you mean you give their names and addresses?

Thanks for your time
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    hi,send in all copies of reports that u have.photocopy everything & i send it all recorded delivery.that way they cant say they didnt recieve it. if u can ask gp for a supporting letter from them.
    they dont always contact the gp(they didnt on my 2nd claim) & my 1st claim was based on a report from gp before i was diagnosed,so it had no weight.
    also photocopy claim form as u may need it if they ask u further questions. better be safe than sorry.
    if u need any more advice feel free to ask or send me a pm.
    good luck, debsx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi
    If i where you i would go along to the CAB they will give you all the information you need and tell you what your options are.
    Colin
  • sadandshocked2
    Hello again and thank you.
    You know, i've never seena report?

My physio made extensive reports, and when her practice closed down because the building was being sold off, all the paper work went with her.

Ive never seen any reports either?

Is this odd or unusual?
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    I'd claim for DLA now. You can still claim and work. You are well covered under the DDA and your employer must make all the adjustments necessary for you to work safely, if they are not doing this it would be a tribunal for me.
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hello again and thank you.
    You know, i've never seena report?

My physio made extensive reports, and when her practice closed down because the building was being sold off, all the paper work went with her.

Ive never seen any reports either?

Is this odd or unusual?

Hi Sadand shocked

On Wednesday 8th April we are going to try and set a new record for most people being online at the same time on this site. I think the time is set for 6pm if you can join us please let BADGER know. If you cant locate him have a look on CHIT CHAT FORUM under are we going to break the record. We need your help to do this so please join us.
    Colin
  • sadandshocked2
    thank you everyone for the information and support