Vitamin Supplements

jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
Hi, can you tell me of any supplements to help my RA, I know fish oils are good but they disagree with me, so I wondered if Evening Primrose or anything else would have any effect love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jaspercat

ARC the Arthritis Research Campaign recently brought out a very good report on Complementary and Alternative medicines for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Here is a link if you wish to download it and have a read: http://www.arc.org.uk/news/pressreleases/awareness/CAM.asp

Within this report fish oils came out very well and Evening primrose oil got a score of 3 out of 5 for effectiveness. Of course with any complementary therapy there are also interactions with medication that people need to be aware of. The majority of things tested for RA did not get a good score for efficacy. As I don't know about all the medications you may me on it may be more beneficial for you to read the report and decide what is worth taking.

Hope that helps

Simona
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Simona, thanks for the information, I did download the report and after reading it I am going to try fish oil and evening primrose, they might help anything is worth a chance, I have spoken to my pharmacist and both of these are ok with my medication love Jaspercatxx