Employment & support Allowance - Medical

mandy_b1967
mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
I have been on Employment & Support Allowance since the end of Nov. I have just had a phone call for my medical on Tuesday 17th March. Has anyone else had one? What can I expect? any advice would be appreciated
mandy

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mandy
    I have been on this since end of Dec and have been asked to attend one, but due to recent surgery I think they will come to me! Not sure what to expect, and not looking forward to it. I would be grateful for any info though.
    NB
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Mandy, my Aunt told me today she's had this. After reading some posts on here from others I was worried she would fret about it. But after working solid for 34 years and knowing she should have stopped and got help at least 10 years before stopping, she's adamant no-one will push her into making her condition worse. She's only been on this a year and I can't believe knowing how genuinely bad she is that they want to re-evaluate her already given the amount of people out there who have been on IB for years and having spoke to some they haven't had appointments for this. I'm just glad she won't be pushed around, a large factory here just announced they were paying off over 250 people and as she said, they need work more than her.
  • fishyface
    fishyface Member Posts: 22
    Been called for one too on Friday. Hope it goes well for you. Not sure what to expect really. Take a list of drugs you take my letter says.

Bon chance
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    hi i havent had one yet but have got a pathways to work interview later this afternoon has any body had one of those xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    hi bertyboy
    I was asked to attend one of those on the day of my op. They are supposed to be sending me a new date in April. I am hoping I will have been to see consultant by then so I can tell them when I plan to go back to work. My occy health from work have been on to me too, and I`m only 3 weeks post thr! I don`t think I`m ready to drive everyday, etc, just yet!
    I hope it goes ok for you today, not too stressful. I would be interested to know how it goes.
    NB
  • fishyface
    fishyface Member Posts: 22
    Pathways to wrok interview at Job centre plus? I had one which was straight forward, no details of yur health just are you employed, going back when?

Think there will be a Pathways II the sequel.

Also offered (had to) attend another work focused interview at a different organisation mine was at A4e and pretty interesting. I see it as a career advisor for the 'grown ups'

Hope all goes well for you too.
  • bertyboy
    well as Cathrine tate said in one of her sketches [what a load of old s--t ] i have never felt so belittled and so stupid , i have home work do my cv i have never had to have one ,if i went for a job it was one that i wanted and usually got , i am not a brain surgeon ,not an intellectual , and i am certainly not bloody stupid , so why do i get treated as if i am .trying to get me to do a sleep and routine workshop :roll: i know why i cant sleep , i am in pain or uncomfertable , but hay ho ive got a nother interview in april ,
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi again, it never ceases to amaze me that the DWP harp on at genuinely ill folk to get back to work. I'm sure the people targeted will know when they are able and not just when the DWP says so. Given the state of the economy and how many unemployed there are out there, surely there time could be better used elsewhere.
  • bertyboy
    hi this might sound stupid but are you supposed to get a medical assessment first before your work assessment interview or after just been trying to get my head round the dwp web site and i am now totally lost x
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    bertyboy wrote:
    hi this might sound stupid but are you supposed to get a medical assessment first before your work assessment interview or after just been trying to get my head round the dwp web site and i am now totally lost x

I have had one work assesment interview at my local job centre. I have got one in the nearest biggest town next week and should have had the medical today. I wish they would just leave me alone and find jobs for those that are "between jobs"
    Mandy