is it possible to work a few hours and keep some benefit?

suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
i was told after i had been ill on long term sick by my doc that i would be re trained and i could only work a few hours with ra 10 was mentioned and still keep me benefits. now i am retraining and i have to do 16 hours which i used to do beforewhen i worked.
i was chatting to the manager of the return to work program at collage and she was going on about a possble job idea and she was going on about hours she worked out if i found a job 20 hours say i would be better off. and the job in question i would have to do futher training on top to gain a qualification also. which means more hours at collage and study time while doing course has to taken on board and run my home and look after me kids i wondered how i could possibly do this had i had a miricle cure and did not know it i struggle with my house as it is it takes me all week and at the moment i go to collage 16 hour and this is so tiring as it is and the travelling and i dont think i could cope and look after my kids. can you find a small job and keep benefit as our condition gets worse not better and is a safty net i feel vulnerabe and dont think people realize what we go through. she also mentioned i could use the gym as it had one one site in. !joanne
Joanne

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Joanne i always try to be polite but my advice is tell thes woman to BOG OFF, If you ask CAB they will give you all the help and advice you need. You would assume the woman would no the law relating to working hours for people like us, As for the gym tell her what its like to have arthritis and then to bog off again.
    Colin
  • suncatcher
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I like the bog off bit colin. and i will check with the cab as i am so unsure what hours i can do. i dont want to risk my heath and the collage course yes it gets me and son out new friends and we are learning but i get home hubby plays with son and is there for daughter also makes me tea as i am so exhausted. and retire early after tea to bed and the house well a bomb has gone off well it looks like it.the week ends we visit family as they dont live near and sundays are spent catching up with me house work if i do manage to go out in the evening like on friday i have been so wiped out its took me all weekend to recover. some life any way sorry i am moaning thanks again colin
    Joanne
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi

I found this link for you, this should help

regards

Eck
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/DG_10020667
  • suncatcher
    Hi

I found this link for you, this should help

regards

Eck
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/DG_10020667

:):):):):):):):):):)
    thanks will look this up from joanne
    Joanne
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Joanne
    First of all I think you should find work that fits in with your condition and only do what you are capable of. I think you'll still be entitled to your benefits, however, not 100% sure. Colin is right (and I found it funny) that his woman should "bog off".

Take care and I hope something turns up that suits you.
    I'm off to a Pathways meeting this afternoon. Dreading it!
    Sharmaine
    i was told after i had been ill on long term sick by my doc that i would be re trained and i could only work a few hours with ra 10 was mentioned and still keep me benefits. now i am retraining and i have to do 16 hours which i used to do beforewhen i worked.
    i was chatting to the manager of the return to work program at collage and she was going on about a possble job idea and she was going on about hours she worked out if i found a job 20 hours say i would be better off. and the job in question i would have to do futher training on top to gain a qualification also. which means more hours at collage and study time while doing course has to taken on board and run my home and look after me kids i wondered how i could possibly do this had i had a miricle cure and did not know it i struggle with my house as it is it takes me all week and at the moment i go to collage 16 hour and this is so tiring as it is and the travelling and i dont think i could cope and look after my kids. can you find a small job and keep benefit as our condition gets worse not better and is a safty net i feel vulnerabe and dont think people realize what we go through. she also mentioned i could use the gym as it had one one site in. !joanne