Employment & support Allowance - Medical - Update

mandy_b1967
mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
Okay as I asked earlier if anyone knew about these medicals for ESA I thought I would just fill you in on how mine went.

I leaft my house this morning at 9.15 for a 10.45 appointment (had to be 10 minutes early). My partner took the day off work to take me as I cant drive very far now due to ankle pain. We were within 5 minutes of the place I had to be having driven for 20 miles when my mobile rang........It was the place that does the medicals asking if I had left yet. I said that we were about minutes away and asked WHY? They said that the doctor had rung in sick and they would contact him and tell him that I was already there. We parked in a side street and walked to the place (why are these places never with a car park). They offered me an appointment for 2.00pm. I said that was no good as we had just driven 20 miles and I couldn't hang around for 4 hours. After alot of "I must apologize" from the receptionist another appointment was made for 8th April (the next time my partner is off work)

If I had cancelled the appointment at short notice you can be sure that they would have stopped my benefit.

What a waste of a day. On the up side they did fill in a travel expense form which I now have to wait for. And then went and bought a cream cake....well its my birthday too so good excuse.

Mandy

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Mandy
    First things first, Happy Birthday!!! :D
    Well, why does that not surprise me?! As you say they would have had something to say if you had cancelled last minute. And its unacceptable to expect someone who has pain issues to wait or hang about for 4 hours. :roll: I think another poster had a similar experience recently with a benefits type interview. All that stressful build up for nothing!
    Anyway, don`t let it spoil your birthday, and enjoy the sunshine together.
    Until the 8th April.........
    NB
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    well first let me wish you a happy birthday , sounds as if you have had a s--t day, they dont give anything extra if you turn up and they dont , but i bet the interviewer still get thier full wage ,
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    On Wednesday 8th April we are going to try and set a new record for most people being online at the same time on this site. I think the time is set for 6pm if you can join us please let BADGER know. If you cant locate him have a look on CHIT CHAT FORUM under are we going to break the record. We need your help to do this so please join us.
    Colin
  • fishyface
    fishyface Member Posts: 22
    Happy Belated Birthday Mandy. Sorry to hear they cancelled last minute, what a palarver.

Mine was today and guess what they have just cancelled Dr ill! Cheesed off.
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    fishyface wrote:
    Happy Belated Birthday Mandy. Sorry to hear they cancelled last minute, what a palarver.

Mine was today and guess what they have just cancelled Dr ill! Cheesed off.

Oh no I don't beleive it. Was it in Cambridge?
    Mandy
  • fishyface
    fishyface Member Posts: 22
    Hi Mandy, no not in Cambridge - unless it's a travelling Dr!! on sunny south coast. let you know how i get on next time!
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi All
    On Wednesday 8th April we are going to try and set a new record for most people being online at the same time on this site. I think the time is set for 6pm if you can join us please let BADGER know. If you cant locate him have a look on CHIT CHAT FORUM under are we going to break the record. We need your help to do this so please join us.
    Colin