what dose this mean

Options
plmb48
plmb48 Member Posts: 125
edited 29. Mar 2009, 08:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
i have had RA for 29 years but never saw this before
SERO POSITIVE EROSIVE RA it was on letter to my gp about refering me to a dermatologist about a different problem lucky me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry, I'm no medic, but it springs to mind that it could be a 'posh' way of saying RA? After all why use one word, when you could use half a dozen. (ME? CYNICAL? ha ha.) Hope you get sorted, Love SUe
  • salsal
    salsal Member Posts: 49
    Options
    seropositive means you have the rheumatoid factor in your blood (some people have ra but it doesnt show up in blood tests yours does)
  • averyniceman
    averyniceman Member Posts: 75
    Options
    plmb48 wrote:
    SERO POSITIVE EROSIVE RA it was on letter to my gp about refering me to a dermatologist about a different problem lucky me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Erosive means that it can dammage your bones, I think.
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    plmb48 wrote:

Hi plmb48
    The erosive bit is just a technical term to say wearing down of some of the joint surfaces, which is what RA can do especially if you have had it for such a long time.

Take care Gill
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    thankyou for your replys to my question sorry i forgot to put pauline on my post :roll: :roll: :roll: