THR got my date at last!

ikesother
ikesother Member Posts: 171
edited 29. Mar 2009, 06:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,well, today I got my date its on April 9, that means Im probably going to be in hospital over Easter :( Hmm, now its here in black and white Im not so keen. I suppose it will be a little easier with the school holidays for my family etc, but now I will be trying to get all my jobs done this week before I go in, trying to take my mind off it. I bet I will be the youngest on the ward at 42 :roll:

Comments

• miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ooo congratulations :P

Im hoping to be getting a date through soon - finally getting excited!

I'm scared about being the youngest too - im 27 !

x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hiya!

It is always the way, we want an op date badly until we get the date. :lol::lol::lol::lol: No time is the right time for being in hospital so you may as well get it over with. Everyone will be visiting and spoiling you with easter eggs, grapes and chocs. Make the most of it.

Wishing you all the best with the op and recovery, keep us posted!

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi

Just think how much better you will be :) I agree with Elna, in hospital with grapes, chocs and flowers. Nice :wink:

Love
    Vonski x
  • hezmarie25
    hezmarie25 Member Posts: 63
    ikesother wrote:
    Hi all,well, today I got my date its on April 9, that means Im probably going to be in hospital over Easter :( Hmm, now its here in black and white Im not so keen. I suppose it will be a little easier with the school holidays for my family etc, but now I will be trying to get all my jobs done this week before I go in, trying to take my mind off it. I bet I will be the youngest on the ward at 42 :roll:

Hi good look with your operation and just think when all is done you will probably feel younger than 42 :D Just don't over do things before you go in to have the op trying to get everything done, I have learnt that some things can wait unless its a real emergency.
    Take care of you and keep smiling
    Heather x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Wow that's good news and all the waiting is going to come to an end.

Don't worry about being the youngest, I was the same age as you when I had both my knees replaced and was the only one on the ward without grey hair. Everyone on my ward was lovely, we were all in a similar boat and I still write to one of the ladies now. You'll probably find the older women treat you like a daughter.

Hope all goes well and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Oh bless you! :) Age means absolutely nothing with this condition, as I have only recently discovered! Some of the comments above are so lovely esp the one who said how much younger you will feel after :D
    I have just been told I need new hip & am beginning my wait but I'm sure I'll feel exactly the same as you when get date :? ! That is perfectly normal but, deep inside, I bet you looking forward to being to walk again without so much pain
    Much love & support
    Pen X
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    penfactor wrote:
    Oh bless you! :) Age means absolutely nothing with this condition, as I have only recently discovered! Some of the comments above are so lovely esp the one who said how much younger you will feel after :D
    I have just been told I need new hip & am beginning my wait but I'm sure I'll feel exactly the same as you when get date :? ! That is perfectly normal but, deep inside, I bet you looking forward to being to walk again without so much pain
    Much love & support
    Pen X

Hi ikesother
    Just to say good luck with your op, i know so many people whose lives have been made so much better from having their grotty old joints replaced with shiny new ones
    All the best and let us know how you get on
    Gillx :P
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    I am glad you have your date through. You can start sorting things out and making all your arrangements now. As has been said , there isn`t a good time to go in, but sooner in sooner home!! And the hospital I was at had OT and physio in at weekend just the same as weekdays so you should still get all the help you will need.
    As you said, at least sorting the kids will be a bit less of a hassle if they are off school. Not worrying about if they are up on time etc... :roll:
    April 9: thats my mums birthday too. A good day that!! :D
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Ikes!
    I am really pleased for you, but I DO undertsand your trepidation!!
    When I had my back op I was certainly the youngest there - and the WORST behaved!!!! :oops: :oops:
    I have a needle phobia you see!!! he he!!
    All those lovely seniors were just getting on with it! They were brilliant!!
    Seriously though I am pleased and I am sure you will be once it is done and you start to see the benefit :wink:
    Anyway good luck and we will expect to hear how you are doing when you are able.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Hi everyone, and thank goodness for this forum to keep me sane(at times!) I was very encouraged with all your support, was having a bit of a wobble yesterday, and Im feeling a bit better about it today. Just. :roll:
    My head tells me its the next step, Ive been in alot of pain recently and Im restricted in what Im able to do, but then I get a bit panicked when I read all the stuff from the hospital. Im glad now I didnt know the date sooner as I wouldve been impossible to live with! I will keep you all posted with my progress; Nearly Bionic your words leading up to the op are so true! jk :wink:
  • collettem
    collettem Member Posts: 94
    Hi there, congrats on getting your date through, you will feel better afterwards Iwould not worry about being the youngest there as everyone is going through the same thing. I am 4 weeks post op on wed and am 35 and after a day or two everyone forgets age as you are all trying to get on your feet and do the same exercise etc. I hope it all goes well and just think you will be well on the road to recovery for the summer.

Collette