arthotec

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 28. Mar 2009, 17:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
anyone here taking arthotec 75 ????

was prescribed it the other day after the dicofenac and tramadol was causing bad belly, but waiting to feel any differance. take it alongside tramadol which only takes the edge off the pain.

just curious about what they are... think they are for stomach upsets as well but not sure.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    anyone here taking arthotec 75 ????

was prescribed it the other day after the dicofenac and tramadol was causing bad belly, but waiting to feel any differance. take it alongside tramadol which only takes the edge off the pain.

just curious about what they are... think they are for stomach upsets as well but not sure.

I thought diclofenac and arthrotec were the same med :oops: :oops:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Thats what I thought! Think it just has a belly protector with it. To be honest though I dont feel a differance taking this.

I've been laid up for 2 days with pain so was looking for something to blame! :)

I havent been able to straighten my knees out or bend at the waist yesterday or today.. was looking to blame somehting for it, I guess it is all part and parcel of artritis.

I have a lot to learn!!! :(
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

Poor you - it's grim when it gets you like this. I don't know anything about arthrotec but was wondering if you could take something like paracetamol to help you too (sorry peeps if you're fed up of me going on about it but paracetamol is my favourite :roll: ). When I'm rough I take it every six hours to keep it topped up in my system and it works for me.

Hot baths are wonderful too and you could try to straighten your legs in the hot water - but don't try too hard - you don't want to do yourself any mischief :shock:

Hope you feel better soon.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi bailey

I am sorry to hear that you have been laid up for a couple of days. I hope you have not been overdoing the running or kickboxing. Our bodies definitely do let us know when we have overstepped the mark big time. Take it easy and be kind to yourself.

Best wishes,
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.