My Rheumy

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 29. Mar 2009, 04:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, after a whole year of being ignored by my Rheumy she has finally sent me an appt, but only because my gp has got on to her, I have had severe pain in my hands and wrists for over a year, she dosen't do anything about it though, now both ankles are inflamed and painful, my gp said enough is enough, he gave me stronger pain killers but couldn't do much else.

I have been given an appt for the 2nd of april, someone else had cancelled so it was offered to me, so we will have to wait and see if she finally acts, please spare some happy thoughts for me on the 2nd at 3pm, I am not looking forward to seeing her at all.

I will let you know how I get on love jaspercatxx

Comments

• bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope it goes well for you.

Be strong, make sure you get the treatment you deserve!!

Good luck
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi

Hope that your appt goes really well and that you get some treatment that helps you more.

Deb
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    I will be thinking of you Jaspercat, hope you can get the help you need and deserve. Linda
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    good luck!

are you taking someone with you for back-up and moral support?

don't forget to write everything down so you can't forget or get side-tracked from what you want to say!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    Glad you've got your appointment through, waiting is so frustrating and PAINFUL!!! I hope the appointment goes well for you. Love Sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Less than a week to go now Jaspercat - hope all goes well :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, thanks for very much for your good wishes, I will need them as she is very over bearing, Malcolm, my hubby, will be coming with me, she usually tends to ignore him, but he pushes into the conversation and makes her talk to him, I am intending to ask my gp for a second opinion if she dosen't help me love Jaspercatxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat,
    I so hope you get the help you need and DO ask for a second opinion if she isn't helpful. I will be thinking of you and hope all goes well. Take care, Cris
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Jaspercat,
    I so hope you get the help you need and DO ask for a second opinion if she isn't helpful. I will be thinking of you and hope all goes well. Take care, Cris

Hi jaspercat
    So gald you have your appointment. Be really organised and make a list of the important questions you want dealt with. Keep it as short and simple as possible because the longer the list the more she may waffle on and not give you answers to any of it. Be FIRM
    its YOUR BODY and you have to live with arthur not her and BE PERSISTENT if you think she has not dealt with your problems. Have an idea in your head before you go as to how you want the adgenda to go. (because it's no different from a business meeting you have questions and you need answers)
    Good idea to take hubby too.
    Remember as i have said before in a post to someone else, doctors are ordinary people who have certain qualifications and you should both be working together as a team to help you with your problems.
    Take control of your body and your appointment.
    That being said GOOD LUCK and i'm rooting for y :P ou

Love Gillx