Blood test results

Options
franki
franki Member Posts: 20
Hi
I hope you can help me. Over the last couple of months I have been having increasing problems with my joints and tendons. The GP has increased my sulfasalazine and I have just had blood tests results, from one week after increasing dose. The results have surprised me as my esr was only 27, though my wcc and neutrophil count have increased to what is a high level for me, though still well within norms. I'm beginning to think I am imagining the increase in symptoms. My esr at the end of Jan was 28 and in nov was 25. Wcc in nov was 3.9, jan was 5.3 and this week 5.7. I am now wondering if increasing my meds was the right thing to do given the fact that the blood results don't seem to reflect my symptoms.

Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    franki wrote:
    Hi
    I hope you can help me. Over the last couple of months I have been having increasing problems with my joints and tendons. The GP has increased my sulfasalazine and I have just had blood tests results, from one week after increasing dose. The results have surprised me as my esr was only 27, though my wcc and neutrophil count have increased to what is a high level for me, though still well within norms. I'm beginning to think I am imagining the increase in symptoms. My esr at the end of Jan was 28 and in nov was 25. Wcc in nov was 3.9, jan was 5.3 and this week 5.7. I am now wondering if increasing my meds was the right thing to do given the fact that the blood results don't seem to reflect my symptoms.

Any advice would be welcome.

Dear Enquirer

It is best if you speak to your GP about the individual results of your blood tests and what they mean. We are not medically trained so we could not say what is happening with regard to your blood test scores. We can however send you some information on blood tests if you let us know your contact details by emailing us on Helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk. or by phoning us on the freephone helpline and give us your contact details.

Best Wishes
    Dawn