Rheumy visit

mandy_b1967
mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
edited 31. Mar 2009, 03:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Fed up now. I had my second Rheumy appointment today. My bloods had all come back normal and my back xray only showed that I had general wear & tear and that my back was slightly straighter than normal. All I want is to give it a name.

Nevertheless she offered me a Depo-Medrone injection, which I took. She said that I obviously had inflamation even though my bloods didnt show any. She said it wouldnt take the pain away completely but it would takew the edge off it probably allowing me to move a little more freely.

Now I have to rest for 48 hours, I have to do that anyway. :) I am now being sent for a full body scan (cant remember what its called, not CT???)

Does anyone have any advice?? I thought I had Ankylosing Spondylitis but as the HLA-B27 came back okay the Rheumy said it wasnt that.

Mandy :!: :?:

Comments

• petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am sorry you are so fed up Mandy, but I can understand how you feel. I have OA but like you nothing to explain the widespread symptoms I experience.
    I hope the depot helps you. Linda
  • milmandy
    milmandy Member Posts: 20
    Hi Mandy this is the same with me..for nearly 3 years now. Maybe it's a nuclear scan you're having, I had that although it didn't show any massive joint damage so I'm still a mystery..it is hard not to have a diagnosis and "noraml" results much of the time whilst the pain is all too real. WHere do you have pain? I get some trouble with bursa around various joints but they don't "show up" if you know what i mean. Rheumy says that's what they are(tendons and ligament problems) but mainly told wait and see..it'll probably develop into something with a name(probably Psoriatic Arthritis)but can only treat it with pain killers till then!!So..much sympathy to you..you are not alone there are lots of us out here in the same boat!This site is a great reassurance and support.
    :)
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    milmandy wrote:
    Hi Mandy this is the same with me..for nearly 3 years now. Maybe it's a nuclear scan you're having, I had that although it didn't show any massive joint damage so I'm still a mystery..it is hard not to have a diagnosis and "noraml" results much of the time whilst the pain is all too real. WHere do you have pain? I get some trouble with bursa around various joints but they don't "show up" if you know what i mean. Rheumy says that's what they are(tendons and ligament problems) but mainly told wait and see..it'll probably develop into something with a name(probably Psoriatic Arthritis)but can only treat it with pain killers till then!!So..much sympathy to you..you are not alone there are lots of us out here in the same boat!This site is a great reassurance and support.
    :)

I have pain in my lower back, about an inch each side of my spine about where your trouser waist goes and across to my buttocks, knees, ankles and neck. I have OA in my left wrist due to an apparent break without me knowing. The back pain means I have toruble bending, sitting for long, standing for long you know how it goes.
    Mandy
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi Mandy,

Sorry your appointment didn't go as you would have liked, its all rather confusing isn't it c020.gif

Anyway, hope the injection helps - I had one the other week. I think your rheumy was right - it doesn't get rid of all the pain but does take the edge off :)

Jackie x
  • milmandy
    milmandy Member Posts: 20
    It is horrid to have that back pain..I know as I have it too..it affects everything you do. The lack of diagnosis is somehow so very frustrating as not having a name to call it makes it seem"nothing" to others. Sounds as if your ligaments and tendons are maybe affected, certainly your symptoms sound like some of mine.Do hope you get some answers soon.Meanwhile join the great as yet undiagnosed club!You are not alone.