fibromyalgia

michelle8
michelle8 Member Posts: 3
edited 7. Apr 2009, 15:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi new to this forum - i have been suffering with fibromyalgia for 2 years i am 33 with 4 children. interested in anyone that wishes to share stories and aliments about the condition.

Comments

• tuppence
    tuppence Member Posts: 19
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello .....i too suffer with fibro ......also with PA ........

i HAVE 3 CHILDREN ,BUT SOON TO BE FOUR ,LOL .......
    nICE TO MEET YOU ....

Notice its us mothers up at all hours,lol xxxx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi
    Can't help with the fibro but just wanted to welcome you. Hope you get lots of help :)
    Love
    Vonski x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi just wanted to welcome you to the site cant help with the Fibromyalgia its about the only thing i havent got lol. nice to meet you.
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    HI Michelle
    a quick welcome to the forum from me!
    Nice to have you on board :)
    I don't have fibro myself, but my ex m-in-law does and suffers quite badly.
    There are however lots of people who use this forum who do - some amongst other things :( Look forward to seeing your posts
    Toni
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Just to say hello. I don't have fibro, but I have worked with someone who did. With a large familiy like yours it must make life really hard. I have no children, unfortunatly, although I was a nanny for 4 years with 2 children, so I know its not an easy job, and I got to go home at 5.30!!! :) . Good luck Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Michelle,
    I can't help you I just wanted to say hi. :D Take care
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi Michelle
    Welcome to the forum
    In Feb 2008 I saw a locum doctor (my doc is off long term sick) who said I had fibromyalgia in my hip, so for all that time thats what I thought I had, I had physio for my feet (and thats another story) and while there I told physio what doc had said, he examined me and told me that I didnt have fibromyalgia, as I was in even more pain mobility wise I went to see another locum doc who after blood tests and x-rays told me I had wear and tear in both hips and pubis bone, so went to see consultant in Jan 2009 thats when he hit me with the bomshell you have OA and need hip replacement.
    Sorry thats not much help but thats my link to fibromyalgia.
    Denise
  • hezmarie25
    hezmarie25 Member Posts: 63
    denpen wrote:
    Hi Michelle
    Welcome to the forum
    In Feb 2008 I saw a locum doctor (my doc is off long term sick) who said I had fibromyalgia in my hip, so for all that time thats what I thought I had, I had physio for my feet (and thats another story) and while there I told physio what doc had said, he examined me and told me that I didnt have fibromyalgia, as I was in even more pain mobility wise I went to see another locum doc who after blood tests and x-rays told me I had wear and tear in both hips and pubis bone, so went to see consultant in Jan 2009 thats when he hit me with the bomshell you have OA and need hip replacement.
    Denise

Hi Michelle
    Just wanted to say hi. I dont know much about fibro but just wanted to say hi. I too am new to this site but already I am finding lots of info. Keep well xx
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Welcome Michelle, hope you enjoy posting - it gets quite addictive!

Hey there tuppence, so when is the patter of tiny feet due? Do you know what your having? r025.gif

Jackie x
  • tuppence
    tuppence Member Posts: 19
    Hi jackie ........

July 5th is due date ....and yes I do know .......but Im trying really hard to keep it a secret !!!!!!

Fou children under 12 .......with PA and Fibro .........I must be bonkers lol :lol:
  • michelle8
    michelle8 Member Posts: 3
    tuppence wrote:
    Hello .....i too suffer with fibro ......also with PA ........

i HAVE 3 CHILDREN ,BUT SOON TO BE FOUR ,LOL .......
    nICE TO MEET YOU ....

Notice its us mothers up at all hours,lol xxxx

Hi again thanks for replying how and what are you symptoms and how do you cope in general. michelle.
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    denpen wrote:
    Hi Michelle
    Welcome to the forum
    Denise
    Hi Denise ,

That must have been a big shock for you and your family, you put yor trust in thease gp some let you down badly.

Take care Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • Shell
    Shell Member Posts: 45
    Hi
    Just wanted to say hi and to let you know i have Fibro and Pa.
    I am on 20mg MTX for PA and amitrip for Fibro plus Tramodol for pain and Naproxyn.
    Where do i start with my problems and pain!!!!!
    All i can say on a bad day i am really bad in so much pain with the FIbro i hurt everywhere cannot move, sleep (although thats all i want to do).
    I was really bad with the fibro last sunday it jst came on from nowhere i physically could not move i got laid on my settee and my husband had to turn me over as the pain was so bad and i could not keep my eyes open i was so tired my poor husband started panicking and wanted to call an ambulance but i wouldnt let him.
    On a good day i am able to work in childcare and function quite normal although the pain nevr goes it is bearable but think some of that is down to pa as well.
    Hope this has helped
    How does it effect you.
    Shell