Help

vonski
vonski Member Posts: 1,292
Hi

For almost 23 years I've had bone rubbing on bone. I've never taken many painkillers but a few years ago they were all stopped. I had injections but haven't had any for around 2 years because the high risk was no longer worth taking. My consultant has always said he wouldn't operate but he's now told me the arthritis is so bad there is nothing to operate on. He has now discharged me. Have you any advice on what my next move should be, it's so long since I left the house other than appointments I'm getting very fed up. Plus I am now having a battle with cancer.

Thanks for any help.

Love
Vonski x

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Vonski
    Sorry to hear things are so tough for you at the moment and I can well understand you're feeling fed up. Do you want to ring us on the freephone number and we can have a talk about all this - there is a lot going on for you.
    It sounds as if you've had the same consultant for a long time but you can ask your GP to refer you to another orthopaedic surgeon for a second opinion. A referral to the Pain Clinic would also be a good option - the doctors there are the experts in pain management.
    I realise I'm talking about appointments while what you really want is to get out and do other things. Is there somewhere you would like to go or something you would like to do that is possible? It might take a bit of planning but sometimes the planning and looking forward is part of the enjoyment.
    If getting out is really difficult do find something you enjoy doing at home so you can keep your spirits up.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • vonski
    Hi Val

Thanks I will give you a ring :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear vonski :D

Make sure that you do call them. I will be checking up on you :lol::lol:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • vonski
    Hi Elna

You are so scary, I'm going into hidding :lol::lol:

Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Vonski!

You don't really mean that, do you? :oops: :D I am being cruel to be kind :lol: I don't bite, honest. :shock: :lol:

E x ()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • vonski
    Sorry Elna can't hear you I'm hiding :lol::lol: You know I don't mean it :):)

Love
    Vonski x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Vonski,
    Give me back my cloak please and pick up the phone....... :lol:
    You ave to get them to do something for you and these kind folk here will be able to help you to. Love Cris xx
  • vonski
    Hi Cris

I will honest thanks :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • vonski
    Hi

I'd just like to thank Guy, I feel better already :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • helpline_team
    vonski wrote:
    Hi

I'd just like to thank Guy, I feel better already :)

Love
    Vonski x

Hi Everyone
    We on Helplines are really pleased when we get to hear that we have helped a bit. We also like to know generally how we are doing and consult you all from time to time about how we can do better or what other ways of contacting us you'd like us to try. So I am asking a big favour. We have a survey running right now - you can click into it on the home page ! Its a bit long we know but even if you answer the first few questions about new Helplines services that would help. Your comments and suggestions are important to us and don't be afraid to be critical as the saying goes 'nothing grows in honey'. We do change things and everything you tell us helps us do better. :)
    Really appreciate your help with this
    Thanks
    Jo
    Helplines Manager
  • vonski
    Hi

I've had a look and I'm pretty sure it's the same as the questionnaire that I've just posted back to you. If it not I will be happy to fill this one in :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • helpline_team
    vonski wrote:
    Hi

I've had a look and I'm pretty sure it's the same as the questionnaire that I've just posted back to you. If it not I will be happy to fill this one in :)

Love
    Vonski x

Fanx Vonski - you are a star. The only difference between the two surveys are the first 4 or 5 questions about possible new Helplines services on the online one. So if you and anyone else could just do those first ones - it would be great. We really want to know what you all want. Thanks for sending the postal one back.
    I'll publish all the results on the Helplines pages in a couple of months.
    Take care
    Jo
  • vonski
    Hi Jo

Done that, hope you get lots of replies :)

Love
    Vonski x