help itching ears

redpoppy
redpoppy Member Posts: 108
edited 3. Apr 2009, 06:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
ive got PA and my ears are itching so bad not just the outer bit of my ear but deep inside.i have betnovate cream for the outside,im using cotton buds to itch the inside of my ears and i know thats not good.but its driving me crazy. :( any suggestions please?

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

I have same problem, are yours scabby too :oops: I get liquid from Dr. to squirt in but I can't remember the name and I don't have any at minute. Sorry. I know I used betnovate on my scalp and that was a liquid too. I've never had a cream.

Love
    Vonski x
  • redpoppy
    hi vonski,yes mine are scabby too i get realy embarassed by them,sometimes they bleed too if there realy bad.luckily now my hair covers them but i did used to have short hair and i felt everyone was looking at my scabby ears.i have psoriasis in my scalp too,my gp perscribed the betnovate but its not doing much good at the mo.i think i will have to go back and see him.thanks anyway.
  • vonski
    Hi Redpoppy

If you're like me once you start to scratch you can't stop :oops: I agree it isn't very nice. I think the scalp is worse, it looks like dandruff and I can't wear dark colours anymore :roll:

Hope you get something sorted out when you see Dr.

Love
    Vonski x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Poppy , Vonski
    Wow I thought I was unique I keep the cotton buds close at hand now, I was informed by the rheumy that some typs of arthritis can make you itchy. I think we talked about being itchy on another post some time ago. I know the Psoriasis doesn’t help and the GP tends not to want to give you anything strong or steroid type stuff. I have PA and RA and the medication has done wonders for my psoriasis infact I don’t have any just a few signs on my nails ( toes and fingers ) has this done nothing to help you.
    Take Care
    Colin
  • vonski
    Hi Poppy and Colin

One thing that puzzles me is when I was in hospital a few months ago, I was in a while. My Psoriasis cleared up completely, home a few months now and it's back :? :? No idea why this happened but it has happened before. Anyone else had this :?:

Love
    Vonski x
  • angie12
    angie12 Member Posts: 18
    redpoppy wrote:
    ive got PA and my ears are itching so bad not just the outer bit of my ear but deep inside.i have betnovate cream for the outside,im using cotton buds to itch the inside of my ears and i know thats not good.but its driving me crazy. :( any suggestions please?

Ere' :lol: I've had this for years and years too! (Dr fobbed me off with "Your hair must be tickling your ears. "
    I have Betnovate for my scalp too. For my ears, I put a tiny bit of over- the -counter excema cream on a cotton bud to ease the itching. The itch goes right down into my throat too. I make this funny clucking noise to scatch it, family go mad.
    This flaming arthritis :x
    Angie
  • redpoppy
    hi colin my arthritis isnt under control at the mo,im taking 20mg of leflunomide daily.the medication isnt working on my psoriasis but i do only have it in my ears and scalp.im seeing the rhuemy on the 16th april.maybe when my arthritis settles down the psoriasis will.fingers crosssed(if i could cross them)lol........ANGIE,ive never heard of that before what you gp said to you. :shock: is he crazy?lol.i know what you mean by you feel your throat tickling too mine feels like that sometimes.its so annoying.
  • hezmarie25
    hezmarie25 Member Posts: 63
    Hi redpoppy
    I personally dont have PA but OA I just wanted to say hi.
    Take care
    Heather
  • redpoppy
    hezmarie25 wrote:
    Hi redpoppy
    I personally dont have PA but OA I just wanted to say hi.
    Take care
    Heather
    ..............................hi heather,thanks.hope you not feeling too bad.ive had a bad headache all day.i hope to wake up tomorrow with it gone. :)
  • bubbsie
    bubbsie Member Posts: 37
    Hi :)

I too suffer with itchy ears and always have my cotton buds close by it drives me crazy some days :shock: My dr gave me some fucidine cream for the out sides but mine itch right down the ear canal , I have PA and RA they say the only psorisis I have is in my ears. I find the only time the scaly skin goes is when I have a swim in the sea looking forward to my week in spain soon :) can't wait for a week of no achy bones and no scabby ears :)

bubbsie xx