newstarter

Options
oopie07
oopie07 Member Posts: 18
edited 18. Apr 2009, 09:34 in Young people's community
Hi I'm 29 yrs old and have been suffering with pain and swelling for two years. I was officially diagnosed with RA october last yr.
I am eager to share views, tips problems with people as I do feel very alone with this disease somedays.
I get frustrated with who to contact or what channels to go down to receive support.

it would be lovely to have contact with people who really understand... :)

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Louise

Welcome! You have more replies to your thread on the living with arthritis forum.

Yep, it is all a bit of a minefield to begin with. You will get plenty of help, advice and support on here from fellow sufferers who really know what the pain is like and how if affects you emotionally and physically.

Hope to be hearing from you more, on the good days as well as the bad ones.

Keep smiling!
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jenni_b
    jenni_b Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi!

I am 33 and have had RA for 13 yrs now.

It is really very scarey when you start but there is loads that can be done for RA suffers these days. Most do well on the drug treatments.

I belong to another forum run by NRAS (www.rheumatoid.org.uk) and they are specifically for people with RA, lots of younger people on there as well as older ones and ones inbetween.

You do have to be a member to join in though.

all the best
  • oopie07
    oopie07 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    thanx for the replies, :)

i'll have a look at that other forum, thankyou
    one significant thing that i have discovered is that until i began suffering with this i didn't really appreciate anything about arthritis. its not until you have it yourself you realise how it affects lives. i was also shocked to know just how many people suffer with it!
    jenni_b wrote:
    Hi!

I am 33 and have had RA for 13 yrs now.

It is really very scarey when you start but there is loads that can be done for RA suffers these days. Most do well on the drug treatments.

I belong to another forum run by NRAS (www.rheumatoid.org.uk) and they are specifically for people with RA, lots of younger people on there as well as older ones and ones inbetween.

You do have to be a member to join in though.

all the best