I feel a rant coming on!!

susie51
susie51 Member Posts: 57
edited 29. Apr 2009, 02:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Jesus just when I think my paranoia has reached an all time high along comes swine flu.

I am still nursing an endless cold the symptoms of which ebb and flow at will......I HATE HAVING RA. I am also in the middle of root canal filling which has had to be postponed because my immune system is so challenged the infection had not cleared up after 3wks so now I have yet another local anti biotic under a temporary filling AND also taking oral anti biotic to hopefully combat infection by this Wednesday... Where is my guardian angel/fairy godmother, why have they deserted me, did I do some dastardly deed in a past life?! The only thing that has kept me feeling somewhat sane is my gardening which is also makes my cold fluctuate! Bah humbug hope I haven't depressed you and that you are well and happy! xSusie

Comments

• snoops
    snoops Member Posts: 29
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    susie51 wrote:
    Jesus just when I think my paranoia has reached an all time high along comes swine flu.

I am still nursing an endless cold the symptoms of which ebb and flow at will......I HATE HAVING RA. I am also in the middle of root canal filling which has had to be postponed because my immune system is so challenged the infection had not cleared up after 3wks so now I have yet another local anti biotic under a temporary filling AND also taking oral anti biotic to hopefully combat infection by this Wednesday... Where is my guardian angel/fairy godmother, why have they deserted me, did I do some dastardly deed in a past life?! The only thing that has kept me feeling somewhat sane is my gardening which is also makes my cold fluctuate! Bah humbug hope I haven't depressed you and that you are well and happy! xSusie
    Hi Susie,
    Just a thought but could your symtoms be Hayfever???
    Could you try an antihistamine & see if that helps. There is alot of blossom out there & I have terrible sinus & mucky eyes in the morning.
    Just a thought.
    take Care
    Ann XX
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    At least it was an eloquant rant Susie!!
    Sounds like RA is being a bu**er!!
    I hope your teeth get sorted - any consolation that I have to take my daughter to have her 'extra' tooth out tomorrow....poor me!!!! This is the child who, at the age of four, fell over and scraped her knee. This was outside the school gate and screamed (embarrassingly), "I don't want to die!"
    Seriously though I am sorry about your immune system. I too love my garden and find it areal boost.
    You take care and I will keep everything crossed for you!
    Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    I Hope you get your teeth sorted its horrible isn't it. I hope you soon get rid of the infection. But it does you good to have a rant, I think swine flu is a government invention to stop us noticing the economy.......... :) Love Sue
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Susie

Hope the antibiotics clear up the infection soon and then you can get your tooth sorted. That's one thing less to worry about.

Ann has a good point about the hayfever, it has been a lot worse this last week.

Take care
    Love
    Vonski x
  • susie51
    Thanx for the good wishes and useful thoughts. Its so good to know there are others who really understand how I feel (although I wouldn't wish this on anyone) and its so good just to pound out my emotions knowing that not only will they be understood but also that they wont upset anyone (hopefully) the way my family and friends get upset. Holding it all in gets wearysome in itself at times doesnt it :roll: I do feel a bit better and tomorrow is 'tooth' day and, although I don't want to jinx anything, it does feel like the infection has cleared up.......
  • susie51
    snoops wrote:
    susie51 wrote:

Hi Susie,
    Just a thought but could your symtoms be Hayfever???
    Could you try an antihistamine & see if that helps. There is alot of blossom out there & I have terrible sinus & mucky eyes in the morning.
    Just a thought.
    take Care
    Ann XX
    My Mom mentioned this to me too, does hayfever give you sore, pressurised sinuses? I guess I could just try an anti histamin - oh grief more tablets :wink:
  • frogmorton
    Hi Susie
    One little anti H might be worth a try?
    Cross fingers the infection HAS gone (I whispered that) and good luck at the dentist
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    I get hayfever, and not just in the summer. It comes and goes as things that make it worse are around.

To me, bad hayfever feels like a cold, sore throat and all. Take an anti-hestimine, it may help. Love Sue
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Rants are a good thing it gets those frustrating things off our chests and out of our minds, could I do it at home and get away with it? Could I go down to my shed and rant with such aplomb? Would the world let me walk along the seafront ranting to all and sundry? Could I go on national television and get as much satisfaction?

The answer to all is NO! So, yes, this is the place to do it, for us at least!

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    airwave wrote:
    Rants are a good thing it gets those frustrating things off our chests and out of our minds, could I do it at home and get away with it? Could I go down to my shed and rant with such aplomb? Would the world let me walk along the seafront ranting to all and sundry? Could I go on national television and get as much satisfaction?

The answer to all is NO! So, yes, this is the place to do it, for us at least!

8) Its a grin, honest!

Hi Susie
    Just to wish you good luck for your dentist appointment tomorow. Its a bummer having anything on top of RA so rant and moan to your hearts content if it makes you feel better, we are all here to listen. We all need to rant sometimes. I also find it difficult if I get anything' extra ' too. Any bug really sends me low and it takes ages to pick me up again. hope the infection clears up quickly
    Love Gillx
  • mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    susie51 wrote:

Where is my guardian angel/fairy godmother, why have they deserted me, did I do some dastardly deed in a past life?!

I sometimes wonder what I did in a previous life and given the grief I go through I just hope to god I had a good time doing whatever it was! :lol:
  • frogmorton
    Hi Susie
    Good luck at the dentsist today. I thought of you yesterday when my daughter had her tooth out. All done and she was really good!
    Hope yours goes well
    Take care
    Toni x