where do results go?

mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 29. Apr 2009, 04:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all,i had blood tests done at hospital yesterday & im just wondering do the results get sent to my gp.
i dont see the rhymy till dec. now. this is the 1st time hospital have done bloods.
if so any ideas how long til i get them.
i was so good at writing a list of symptoms that i'd got to tell him,when it came to the ''this is whats gonna happen next''i headed for the door wanting to get home.
i suffer from anxiety & depression on top of the oa.so i run(if only i could)for the door,home is safe. then i ask questions as i think of them.
as i said on my other post i did have alot to take in.
thanx debsx

Comments

• mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mash65 wrote:
    hi all,i had blood tests done at hospital yesterday & im just wondering do the results get sent to my gp.
    i dont see the rhymy till dec. now. this is the 1st time hospital have done bloods.
    if so any ideas how long til i get them.
    i was so good at writing a list of symptoms that i'd got to tell him,when it came to the ''this is whats gonna happen next''i headed for the door wanting to get home.
    i suffer from anxiety & depression on top of the oa.so i run(if only i could)for the door,home is safe. then i ask questions as i think of them.
    as i said on my other post i did have alot to take in.
    thanx debsx

Hi Debs
    Generally all results go to your GP as well as your rheumy and depending what the blood tests were(some can take a bit longer than others) your GP shoul have them in within 2 weeks. Phone up the practice then and ask for you results.
    I always think of all the things ive forgotten to ask as soon as i have left the hospital!! :roll:
    Take care love Gillx
  • mash65
    Thanx gill.
    ive never had the bloods done at the hospital.
    ive been googling all day i.e pain management,injections & the xrays im to have.
    if i posted on here i'd be taking up all the room. :lol:
    but as i go for each thing i'll be armed with questions.
    thanx again debsx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Debs,

Mine haven't gone to the gp...... or so they say and i have to get them from the hospital if they will tell me tomorrow. Gill is right except for some doctors who are..............! :lol:

You take up as much room asking as you want, we all do at times.

Hope all ok with you today, Cris x
  • mash65
    hi cris,hope your ok.
    hope ur results r good news.
    im just sore & achy from all the poking & prodding around yesterday.
    the rhymy lifted my legs & said why wont they going any higher :shock: thats as far as they go :oops: even he couldnt force them further. then he says that i may have a trapped nerve,my legs were shaking as i held them up in the air.
    theyv not been up for a while :lol::lol:
    anyway good luck with ur results,i'll have loads to tell once the appointment start rolling in.
    well i never shut up anyway,perhaps thats why gp said i have arthr in my jaw :lol: have to laugh, dont want to cry,its bad for u you know(crying) :lol: debsx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Your right with the last bit Debs, I mean so much being sore why have sore eyes as well. :lol: I don't think the results will be any different to,the last time and they are filling me up with the rocket fuel of the drip next month and i shall be out there bouncing with my loopy dog........ well maybe....... Well I kinda hop.... Oh ok but at least I might not do armchair duties all over the place! :lol:

Do you have any dates yet for it all? x
  • mash65
    no cris, too early for dates.only had the appointment yesterday & bloods done.
    im due to see rhymy again in 8 months,so it should all be done within that time bracket.
    you know i'll be sitting by the letter box with the dog waiting now.
    i dont bark at the postman but the dog attacks the door,at 1 time no1 would post anything through the door,now we have stairgates to keep the dog under control & the letter box gets used :lol: debsx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Everything is logged on computer then becomes available for your GP at their end. I got my results from an mRI a few days after from my GP although the Hospital gave me them later.