Lifeline!

penfactor
penfactor Member Posts: 366
edited 5. May 2009, 17:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just wanted to post new topic & hope everyone sees. I want to thank every single one of you for your wise and sympathetic replies to my previous post. I have named this topic "Lifeline" because that's what you are! You are the only people who understand as we are fighting the same battle of life but now I know we are not fighting alone & although the struggle is no easier, your words & thoughts help so so much!
Love to you all - Pennie XX

Comments

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi penfactor firstly im glad you are better and secondly I would like to join you on the theme of this thread as i also would ilike to thank everyone who have helped me over they years and especially with my latests thread when i have felt down as this forum has also been my Lifeline thanks Chrisov
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Hi
    Its great we all know that when times get tough, when we're in pain or just need a chat there is always this site to turn too. I agree with you. There are so many epople on here from all walks off life with different problems and all willing to help out in some way.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Pennie and Christov
    I am glad that you were able to post on here when you are feeling down, and that the messages you received have helped you both. It is a great forum with great people, of which you both are very valued .
    Take care xx
    NB
  • mrsmopp
    mrsmopp Member Posts: 73
    I also would like to thank everybody on this site. It is a blessing to have found such a site, to be able to read everybody's experiences of RA has stopped me feeling so lonely and don't feel that I'm the only one going through it. Keep up the good work x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello,
    I am glad to read your post, pen.

Its been the same for me too. To be able to communicate so easily with people who understand has helped me a lot, more than I can say, really. So I'd like to say a big THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. Living in the middle of a very quiet country village, its great to know so many people. Also all those who make it possible, THANK YOU.
    With Love from Sue. xx
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Hi,Before I joined this site I had no idea just how many people were suffering with arthritis pain and just how bad it could be.I really thought there was no one who could relate to the pain I'm in but I now realise there is help and advice out there,especially from others members.Thank you all for your good advice and support.You are a great bunch. :lol: Luv,Breane.x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Pennie,

I'm glad you have found the people here have helped you and also that you are feeling a bit better. I hope you can start to cope with it all and I still recommend counselling...... It's very good even if it only lets you have a time when you can say how you feel. In someways this site is like that. You take care and ((( ))) Cris x

Christov,

It's nice to see you here and a ((( ))) for you as well. x

To all of you,

You have helped me so much, I wish I had found this site when I first got the x ray results. I have a strange cope mechanism(sometimes absent) and I am afraid it may include insanity but you people are so kind to me and I don't get much kindness in the real world SO A HUGE THANKYOU TO YOU ALL. xx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    HUGE THANK YOU from me to, lifeline is the perfect title!,
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Pennie!!!
    So glad to hear from you!!
    I echo your sentiments - this forum is wonderful and has been a lifeline to all of us at one time or another.
    Brilliant to have you back
    Love
    Toni xx
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Pennie!!!
    So glad to hear from you!!
    I echo your sentiments - this forum is wonderful and has been a lifeline to all of us at one time or another.
    Brilliant to have you back
    Love
    Toni xx

Hi Pennie
    Its good to hear you are feeling a bit better and you too Christov. However bad you feel there will always be someone on this site who has had similar feelings and can really understand where you are coming from!
    For me, I would love to have found it when i first got diagnosed, but its never too late and ive found you all now :lol:

So a big thank you to all my new cyber friends and the managers of the site. It just makes living with arthrits a little bit more tolerable.
    k015.gif
    love Gillx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Pennie just glad your feeling better
    Colin
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Pennie :)

It is nearly the end of the week and it has been a very traumatic one for you. Thank you for calling in, you have made my weekend now. I was feeling jittery because there had been no word from you. Even if you think you have only taken a tiny step or two out of the darkness into the light, that is a big start and such a brave thing to do. We are from all walks of life, scattered around the country and abroad and all ages with varying degrees and types of arthritis and all that entails. We do all have this common bond and we look out for each other and that is comforting. You are doing well, Pennie and I very much hope the little steps become easier with time.

Sending love, strength and courage to you,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Pennie and Chrisov

People on this site are always so friendly and helpful, but when someone is particularly down, as you have been, it is almost like a tidal wave of love is sent to them.We can only hope that our words and thoughts will somehow help, and your spirits will be lifted. The good thing is that we are always here, so you need never feel alone, and we all understand your feelings.

Take care

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Chrisov

I am happy to hear that you are diddling better today! You are a good egg - no arguing :lol::lol::lol::lol: I am older than you :lol::lol: You are right in that there is a bank holiday looming as the forecast for around here is showery. Well, well, no surprise there aye? :lol:

Keep on, keeping on, hope to see you posting tomorrow.

Love
    Elna xx
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Big THANK YOU from me to :D
    pennie and christov glad you're both feeling a little brighter
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Pennie

Glad to see that you are feeling better, that's great news.

Chrisov this goes for you too.

Love Vonski x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    what a great thread and great news that two of our cyber friends are feeling a little brighter.

The thing about everyone on here is that there is always someone to put different perspectives on the same issue, and we all learn a little bit more about ourselves just by reading the posts of others.

thanks to everyone for helping us all get through life with 'arthur' in tow.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    hello and thankyou from me ,so pleased i fount you all the knowlage and comfort gained is to be treasured , i try to offer words of comfort , not much good on the advice bit , as i have only got oa , not the other bits that make up this arther ,that spreads his self about in very different forms .

thank you one and all xxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Pen, I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better and that we were able to help in some way. As all the posters said it's normal to feel depressed. I was in a bad way in Asda yesterday, I felt the tears welling up as I got to the checkout, I was so aware of how bad my mobility was and terrified of bumping into someone I knew. I have a Christening today and don't want to go. The thing is my family member has had a child with a family I was good friends with many years ago. I was very friendly with two of the kids and knowing them to be kind hearted people was dreading the pity or sympathy looks or anyone asking me what's wrong. It is at these times I realise I'm not 100% comfortable with my illness but I've decided to go. I have to get out there and stop worrying about what other people think. I seem to give others advice about that yet find sometimes I can't take my own!

I am so pleased you have kept posting as I'm sure you will know many of us were worried about you and care about how you are feeling. I hope now you are proud of yourself, you should be, admitting to feeling this way is a big thing. xxxxx
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    I can't help wondering, when there is so much compassion and caring for total strangers on this site, why there is so much trouble in the world we live in?

We all want to help each other, ease each others pain, give words of advice and encouragement, and all is given so freely without any prejudice - if ONLY all the peoples of the world could be the same.

I wish I could give a 'Lifeline' to the World.

Jackie x

p.s. Before everyone answers by saying theres lots of good people in the world, I do know that!
  • eckstardeluxe
    jackie1955 wrote:
    I can't help wondering, when there is so much compassion and caring for total strangers on this site, why there is so much trouble in the world we live in?

We all want to help each other, ease each others pain, give words of advice and encouragement, and all is given so freely without any prejudice - if ONLY all the peoples of the world could be the same.

I wish I could give a 'Lifeline' to the World.

Jackie x

p.s. Before everyone answers by saying theres lots of good people in the world, I do know that!

That is so true Jackie. I always think the same way about kids, the way they just meet for the first time and start laughing and playing together, no prejudices, just pure innocence. It makes me think how they change through life. I saw an advert once for a programme, it was all these pictures of kids with announcements of them etc this is Fred, he's 8, this is Jeffrey, he's 10 etc then them as adults and it was Fred West and Jeffrey Dahlmer, very haunting. It really hit me for six.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I know I've said it before but I'll say it again I wish I'd had this site when I was first diagnosed and thought I was the only person in their 20's with this disease. I was low in myself and had many questions to ask and just felt so alone.

I'm glad I've found you all now as with my RA experience and bringing up two sons from babies to adulthood with my husband, I have so much to offer others who are new to this and I now I feel my disability has a purpose and life makes sense.

Thank you all for giving me a purpose once again.

Luv Legs :D

PS Eckstar - I know it's hard going to the Christening especially as you're feeling rough but it is easier to give in and not go than to face it. I hope all goes well and you feel better for going :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • eckstardeluxe
    lindalegs wrote:
    I know I've said it before but I'll say it again I wish I'd had this site when I was first diagnosed and thought I was the only person in their 20's with this disease. I was low in myself and had many questions to ask and just felt so alone.

I'm glad I've found you all now as with my RA experience and bringing up two sons from babies to adulthood with my husband, I have so much to offer others who are new to this and I now I feel my disability has a purpose and life makes sense.

Thank you all for giving me a purpose once again.

Luv Legs :D

PS Eckstar - I know it's hard going to the Christening especially as you're feeling rough but it is easier to give in and not go than to face it. I hope all goes well and you feel better for going :)

Thanks Legs, I'm just off now, I am just going to the after do, couldn't handle the uncomfertable pews in the church.
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Hi eckstar - How are you this evening? I really hope everything was ok today at the christening - I just got back from an afternoon in my old town with a drink in a seaside pub where I used to sing with my band about 10 years ago so when I saw your post I really sympathised - bumping into people who knew you before your arthur & having to explain. In the end none of the old crowd were there but my partner was so lovely, holding my hand & reassuring me.
    I really hope you are ok too - please let us know how it went? If it made you upset we are here, mate & we understand - thinking of you
    Pennie Xx
  • eckstardeluxe
    Hi Pen, sorry for the delay, been off blethering about claims to fame and childhood memories on the chit chat Forum!

It went ok, a few comments "what have you done to yourself then?" I just calmy said I have arthritis. Not half a conversation killer though. Felt better for going, my auntie also has Spinal Stenosis, but lucky beggar she is, so jealous, she had a laminectomy on Friday and was there in her wheelchair. Would have felt awful saying I wasn't too well after her fighting the Docs to get out in time for her Grandaughter's do! I did the driving today (no reversing into walls :oops: ) and hubby relaxed with a few drinks, he's been so good to me recently, I thought I'd let him get lathered. My Mum was great raced after the kids when they were getting up to allsorts and telling me to sit down. It felt good actually to have a little help.