Hello!

katykat
katykat Member Posts: 16
edited 8. May 2009, 08:18 in Say Hello Archive
I joined the forum last year but haven't been around much.
I am yet another Kate. I am 57 years old, married to Keith for 36 years with three grown children, the eldest of which has Aspergers syndrome and still lives with us. I have two cats who alternately keep me sane and drive me nuts!

I was diagnosed last October with cervical spinal stenosis and take Lyrica for the nerve symptoms. I also suffer from depression and am a survivor of breast cancer which was treated in 2003.

I am a bit of a recluse these days having taken ill health retirement from my job in the NHS, but I like to read, write, potter in the garden and I have just taken up knitting again - on very large needles - just to try to keep my arthritic hands moving. I also like to make greeting cards but not being much good with scissors and craft knives I mostly use computer graphics and crafting CDs.

Look forward to being around more often on this friendly community.

Best wishes
Kate :)

Comments

• mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    katykat wrote:
    I joined the forum last year but haven't been around much.
    I am yet another Kate. I am 57 years old, married to Keith for 36 years with three grown children, the eldest of which has Aspergers syndrome and still lives with us. I have two cats who alternately keep me sane and drive me nuts!

I was diagnosed last October with cervical spinal stenosis and take Lyrica for the nerve symptoms. I also suffer from depression and am a survivor of breast cancer which was treated in 2003.

I am a bit of a recluse these days having taken ill health retirement from my job in the NHS, but I like to read, write, potter in the garden and I have just taken up knitting again - on very large needles - just to try to keep my arthritic hands moving. I also like to make greeting cards but not being much good with scissors and craft knives I mostly use computer graphics and crafting CDs.

Look forward to being around more often on this friendly community.

Best wishes
    Kate :)

Hi Kate
    Nice that you have come out to join us. You certainly have been through a lot! I hope chatting to everyone on here helps you as much as it does me.
    Take care Gillx g020.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Katykat
    Where have you been??? Haven't heard from you for ages! Good to hear ABOUT you too! :wink:
    Get back on the forums - your abscence has been noticed!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Kate,

Just wanted to say Hi and hope you will be posting again? I have gone down the true recluse road....... I really am withdrawn from the real world and live in a rural loc so can withdraw well! :roll: Sometimes I think I should try and get out more but it just isn't me now a days.

I hope you have come back now and look forward to seeing you posting. Take care, Cris
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Katykat,

Welcome back - good to see you posting again.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Kate just a welcome from me take care
    Colin
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi I am new on here about a week. I have recently been diagnosed with RA. I'm at that stage where I'm backward and forward to the Rheumy clinic at hospital while they try to sort out medication as I also have a long complicated medical history which is making it harder to treat. I'm also waiting to have surgery on my damaged fingers.
    I have a wonderful Husband and a Son. I love my Daughter in law to bits and we call her our Daughter. I have a gorgeous Grandson who just melts my heart.
    I am confined to a wheelchair but I love to travel. I read a lot mostly true stories. I love animals but being I could no longer care for them I now adopt them. I have a donkey called Muffin a Chimp called Charlie and an Orang Utang called Gordon. :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Trisher
    Welcome from me!
    Pleased to meet you. We have sponsor donkeys too - myself and my girls! Good solution isn't it, but I also have my cat Eric, 14, who keeps me company....
    Sounds like you have a lovely family, that's really good and helpful.
    You take care and I look forward to seeing more of your posts very soon.
    Toni x