dla result

honeykins59
honeykins59 Member Posts: 20
edited 8. May 2009, 15:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
update on dla i had dla for 4 years until last nov when i was declinned after asking the dwp to look at the case again i was refused a second time so i lodged a appeal april 09 had my tribunal and iWON WON WON!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D got high rate mobility and medium care indeffimnetely so their is light at the end u just have to keep on fighting because thats what they want you to drop it i would not because im living with this every day and it is HELL these people at the dwp i dont think they have a clue and as for the consulyants all they are intrested is test results show good then u are ok try every day when u wake up in agony!!!!!!! :cry::cry: so now they have to pay back my dla till last nov 08 and my tax credits till then so to any body out their wh have had dla stopped or declinned dont give up keep on fighting and take somebody with u preferably a benifits welfare office these people know what they are doing and once you get your tribunal write it down and stick to it and dont let them try and brush u off with but you manage you dont MANAGE because if u did u would not be sitting infront of the,m begging them for help because basically that what u have to do and they try and put words in your mouth and repeat to make u think u said that but if u write it down and stick to it and dont let them deviate you will be ok good luck and now im away to have a nice big bar of chocolate i deserve it

Comments

• colinb
    colinb Member Posts: 66
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well done you..nice to hear someone getting the right result from them...just a shame it has to fought so hard for.
    Colin
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi

Well done :) Glad you kept on and got the right result. Enjoy spending that back pay :)

Love Vonski x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi,

Good on you, but it isn't right you have to have so much of fight. it is a road I will have to go down soon and I have the added problem of being self employed so it is heartening to see you can win! :D Thanks for all your tips as well. Take care, Cris
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Brilliant news Honeykins!!
    I am really pleased and proud of you!!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    wooooohooooo :D excellent news, this will give hope to loads i should think, well done Honey.
    Sally.x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Honeykins
    Thats great news!! I bet you are sooooo relieved that is over. Its a pity you had to fight but good on you. I have recently been declined again and feel better about putting in my appeal now. (well a bit!! :roll: )
    Enjoy the choccy bar :lol:
    NB
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Good news on your DLA result.
    k015.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • fossillady
    fossillady Member Posts: 37
    yupi3ti.gif

That's great news, well done for persevering. I had to appeal years back when I first applied. It's so frustrating that we have to waste time and energy fighting to get what we are entitled to when we need all the energy we've got just to get through each day.

Take care and enjoy the back pay.
    Marie x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Great news - its so easy to sit back and take the easy option of doing nothing - thats how they win! A victory for common sense!!!:D :D:D Love Sue
  • maximoe
    maximoe Member Posts: 1
    update on dla i had dla for 4 years until last nov when i was declinned after asking the dwp to look at the case again i was refused a second time so i lodged a appeal april 09 had my tribunal and iWON WON WON!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D got high rate mobility and medium care indeffimnetely so their is light at the end u just have to keep on fighting because thats what they want you to drop it i would not because im living with this every day and it is HELL these people at the dwp i dont think they have a clue and as for the consulyants all they are intrested is test results show good then u are ok try every day when u wake up in agony!!!!!!! :cry::cry: so now they have to pay back my dla till last nov 08 and my tax credits till then so to any body out their wh have had dla stopped or declinned dont give up keep on fighting and take somebody with u preferably a benifits welfare office these people know what they are doing and once you get your tribunal write it down and stick to it and dont let them try and brush u off with but you manage you dont MANAGE because if u did u would not be sitting infront of the,m begging them for help because basically that what u have to do and they try and put words in your mouth and repeat to make u think u said that but if u write it down and stick to it and dont let them deviate you will be ok good luck and now im away to have a nice big bar of chocolate i deserve it
  • lorrayne
    lorrayne Member Posts: 25
    Thats great news, really pleased for you :D:D:D

I know the feeling of the long fight and massive relief

Relax and celebrate you deserve it :D

Lor x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    lorrayne wrote:
    Thats great news, really pleased for you :D:D:D

I know the feeling of the long fight and massive relief

Relax and celebrate you deserve it :D

Lor x

Well done really pleased for you!! g015.gif

Gillx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    A bar of chocolate, a bar of chocolate Honeykins - I think you deserve a lorryload for sticking to your guns. :lol::lol:

I'd send you a cyber one but you might not like the flavour I have.

Well done again. :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    Hi I'm john and i am new to this group. having recently been diagnosed with RA. i have had to stop working, and have claimed employment support allowance, i have been given the details of DLA by my nurse. i have begun to fill this long winded form in its quite daunting to think that i may not be able to go work again as i am only 44. my thoughts are if you have been diagnosed you should automatically qualify for this benifit. to go from £500-£600. a week to £64 odd is very difficultso well done with your claim :D .