Hi.....new to the site.

glo123
glo123 Member Posts: 22
edited 18. May 2009, 11:54 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,
i'm new to thw site.
6yrs ago i was diagnosed with Graves disease[overactive thyroid] i've had 4 RAI treatments and it seems to be under control now, but i still attend the hospital for check ups, now i have thyroid eye disease..TED....i am also attending the hospital for that, i was on prednisolon for 2yrs for the inflamation in my eyes,the eye muscles swelled up really bad and the pressure was very high,now i have to put eye drops in twice a day to keep the pressure under control, i am off the pred now and since coming off them i have had a lot of problems with my joints,i was sent to see a rhumatologist and he diagnosed osteoarthritis in both knees, but i think it's in other joints as well because i can feel it, i was told it was probably there befor but the pred was masking it, i am now waiting for an appointment at the hospital for physio, my knees hurt really bad when i've rested and going up and down stairs, on getting up in the mornings is agony,i feel very stiff and sore.
well.....that's my story.....just wanted to explain everything.
Chris.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Chris
    welcome to the site from me!
    Sounds like you've been having a fun old time eh?
    I agree 10:1 the steroids were covering up your arthritis symptoms :(
    Anyway you will get lots of support and advice here from all of us lot.
    Hope to see you around
    Toni x
  • glo123
    glo123 Member Posts: 22
    frogmorton wrote:
    HI Chris
    welcome to the site from me!
    Sounds like you've been having a fun old time eh?
    I agree 10:1 the steroids were covering up your arthritis symptoms :(
    Anyway you will get lots of support and advice here from all of us lot.
    Hope to see you around
    Toni x

Thanks for the welcome Toni, nice to know there are other people out there with the same problem, someone to talk to.
    I did a bit of polishing this morning and got down on my knees! when i did i knew i should'nt of because it was very painful and i could hardley get up again :( i wont be doing that again!!
    Chris.
  • frogmorton
    Hi Chris
    You have to take it steady!!!
    I rarely get down on the floor - you may never get back up!?
    Take care
    Toni x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Chris oh the floor thats a no go area getting down is hard getting up is even harder lol. Just thought i would would say welcome to the site and hope you join us on the other forums living with arthritis and the chit chat forum you will get to know the guys there. Take Care
    Colin
  • deano28
    deano28 Member Posts: 7
    hi im new to this site im deano and like to say hello to everyone i find it hard to deal with osteoartheritis
  • frogmorton
    Hi Deano
    Welcome to the forum from me!!!
    If you're finding it hard to cope with any kind of arthritis then this is the place to find support!
    Good to meet you
    Toni x