Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia

Options
gemma_bond1
gemma_bond1 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone, I’m Gemma,

I thought everything must be in my head that or i’m dying. There is no way anyone can possibly just “keep” going through all of this pain and sheer exhaustion. What an earth is happening to me, my mind, my body? I’m a fairly active person with four wonderfully active/hyper/crazy children!! In the couple of years things have deteriorated far too quickly for my liking. Leaving me somedays unable to manage the simplest of tasks with being in agony or crying through exhaustion and depression.

I suffer with Cyclothymia, but recently my lows have been much worse and my whole body radiates in pain in one way or another! I ache, am continually exhausted, no amount of sleep is enough or I am simply unable to sleep. The list goes on!

I’ve recently been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in areas on both of my hands and in hips. I have had surgery on the right hip and awaiting the left.

Now a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. So it’s been a tough couple of years, back and forth seeing various doctors, consultants, chiropractors and Physiotherapists.

Lots for me to now learn and changes to be made in my life to suit my needs… Tough going when you own your own company, work from home, enjoy four children with a reasonable sized home and garden to keep on top of. 🤣

Somehow I assume things will get easier and with the right exercise and rest we can live pretty normal lives?! Eventually that’s what i’m hoping for anyway.

Since last spring, when the pain became unbearable, for one reason or another I have been doing less and less! I miss my yoga, days out with the kids etc. Everything leaves me exhausted and in agony!

Thankfully I had an amazing Chiropractor, with her help and guidance we managed to get the right team in place to diagnose and treat me.

This website is one of the first places I have been directed to.

So here goes, any help and advise welcome!! I’m all ears. But the same goes, happy to help where and if I can.

Big hugs beautiful peeps and no matter what, just keep going 💪 You’ve got this ❤️ xx

Comments

• liz458
    liz458 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi I also am new here. I also have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. I recognise your symptoms and your pain. Over the last 12 years I’ve fought to regain my health. There have been much better periods and then not such good times. There are times I’ve reached rock bottom and just sat and sobbed as the pain and exhaustion were so bad. When you reach rock bottom there is only one way you can go and that is up. You have to start all over again and take little steps and what you must always have is ‘hope’. I’ve always thought fibro was like a puzzle and if I could get all the pieces in the right order at the right time I would be cured. I haven’t achieved that………..yet. One of the most important things is diet. Obviously you must research this but I cut out Sugar (causes inflammation), gluten, dairy, processed foods. Doesn’t leave much but fresh healthy food. Try juicing, books by Jason Vale ( can I say that on here admin, please delete if not allowed). I wish you well on your journey and hope you get to feel much better x

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hello @gemma_bond1 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with a number of conditions and glad you are keeping positive - it really helps. Our website has a lot of useful information so it is good you have been directed to it, and great that you decided to join our Community of friends you haven't met yet. To give you examples from our website have a look at the following - you may already have had a look.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

With very best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm