shaving ?

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 1. Jun 2009, 07:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello all iam on another rant. i have recently found it very difficult to hold a razor in my hand and/or to apply pressure enough to shave. i have never used an electric razor but i think this may be the way forward for me, as i have days when i can not shave and days when i cant even be bothered to shave. can anyone recomend a good electric razor or do i grow a beard.

hpoe everyone is is coping with their pains. i just wish mine would get a little better well chin up all

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HELLO I can appreciat your problem, even if I don't share it :shock: I was until, OA came a long a care assistant, and that ment saving men that couldn't manage. Be careful about the make, as some need a degree of presure to give a good shave. It may be worth you while asking an Occupational Therapist if they can recommend one, as they cost a fair bit and a OT must have come across this problem before. :)

From the bearded lady of the east, love Sue :lol: :oops:
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    handsy wrote:
    hello all iam on another rant. i have recently found it very difficult to hold a razor in my hand and/or to apply pressure enough to shave. i have never used an electric razor but i think this may be the way forward for me, as i have days when i can not shave and days when i cant even be bothered to shave. can anyone recomend a good electric razor or do i grow a beard.

hpoe everyone is is coping with their pains. i just wish mine would get a little better well chin up all

I would recommend the Remington trim and shave,its neat compact and if you can't manage a shave it will at least tidy your stubble up.
    Its only battery powered but the foil is great and shaves close.

Good luck :lol:
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    I've gone down the beard route!

I've tried wet shaving and electric shaver and both have been difficult to do moving the razor across my face.

I now use babyliss hair clippers with a 2mm guide to keep it in trim each week. Sometimes I let it grow a little longer in winter. Certainly less hassle than shaving every day.

Patrick
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Wear a beard and be proud of it. Don't be half hearted go for the full set.

Quite some time ago I used to look like ZZ Top and then a few birds tried to move in. So, its short now and gets a swift trim with scissors now and again to keep it in check.

Much easier than messing about with trimmers, etc. It has been researched that men spend 6 years of their life just waving a razor about.

I can think of far more mundane things to do for 6 years. f030.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • kernow
    kernow Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi I understand your problem, I am fortunate that my wife does it for me when I can't manage, she refuses to allow me to grow a beard and I hate electric razors. Why not find someone to help you I know its difficult to ask sometimes, but it is worth it in the end.

Ray
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kernow,

See its your first post, and with the name kernow I just had to say Hi and are you? I hope you find the site useful and take care,

Sorry I don't know much about shaving it was just a quick hi to Kernow.