Scotland

Options
kneedown
kneedown Member Posts: 21
edited 27. Nov 2009, 13:56 in Young people's community
Is any1 here from Scotland??? Im 24 and I attended yorkhill hospital for my arthritis when I was younger and had friends that i lost touch with years ago and just wondered how they where getting on, Its been years since I have talked with any1 around my age with arthritis and im curious to find out how people my age cope and manage their condition,

Comments

• staceyh21
    staceyh21 Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    kneedown wrote:
    Is any1 here from Scotland??? Im 24 and I attended yorkhill hospital for my arthritis when I was younger and had friends that i lost touch with years ago and just wondered how they where getting on, Its been years since I have talked with any1 around my age with arthritis and im curious to find out how people my age cope and manage their condition,

Hi There Im From Scotland, Glasgow In fact! Im 21. Would Be Great To Talk To Some1 Whos Goin Through The Same Thing.
  • fiona24
    fiona24 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there

Im also 24 and from scotland. Im living in inverness/ this is my first time in the forum although ive had my arthritis for a number of years. Would be nice to know some others my own age.

Fiona
  • kneedown
    Options
    hi every1 any of you going to that Joint Potential thing??? Im thinking of going but im not sure.

Its good to find some people thats in their 20s, it seams to be that their is a gap between the young kids and older people who suffer from the condition. How do you cope with your arthritis??? I try to not let it stop me doing the things i like but I find it hard to cope mentaly even though iv had it most of my life.

staceyh21 do you attend the Royal in glasgow??? thats where im reciving treatment, I did attend Yorkhill when i was younger one of the best hospitals I have ever been in, alot better than my local hospital anyway lol
  • clairy
    clairy Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi,

My names Clair i'm 21 and have had arthritis since i was 15. I'm also in Glasgow.

I wondered if you all knew about Joint Potential. I'm one of the youth contacts who run the programme along with 4 other young people with arthritis.

The project gives young people age 16-25 in Scotland a chance to meet up with each other and we do work around what it is like living with arthritis and how we can overcome some of the barriers we face.

We run these over a weekend. The next one is the 4th to the 6th Dec in Edinburgh and the events are free arthritis care even pay you travel expenses. There is still some spaces on the weekend if you are interested.

Just something to think about. Even if you can't make it to the weekend register your interest at www.jointpotential.org.uk as we are planning more weekends and hopefully some social events next year.

If you want any more info check out the web page or give me a shout even if it is just for a chat.

:)
  • kneedown
    Options
    I was thinking about going but i wasnt sure coz i dont know any1, have you been b4?
  • clairy
    clairy Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Yeah i'm on of the volunteers so have been on all the weekends this year.

I know what you mean through its a big step to go on your own. We are a lovely bunch though and if you've not really met other young people with arthritis before i'm sure you'll get a lot from the weekend. As far as i know there are a few people coming along to this weekend who haven't been before. I'm sure you'll make plenty of new friends.

If you want to know more about the weekend just give me a shout.

Hope to see you there.
  • staceyh21
    staceyh21 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    kneedown wrote:
    hi every1 any of you going to that Joint Potential thing??? Im thinking of going but im not sure.

Its good to find some people thats in their 20s, it seams to be that their is a gap between the young kids and older people who suffer from the condition. How do you cope with your arthritis??? I try to not let it stop me doing the things i like but I find it hard to cope mentaly even though iv had it most of my life.

staceyh21 do you attend the Royal in glasgow??? thats where im reciving treatment, I did attend Yorkhill when i was younger one of the best hospitals I have ever been in, alot better than my local hospital anyway lol

Yeh I Do. How Old Are You Now ? How Are You Findin It? x
  • kneedown
    Options
    Yeh I Do. How Old Are You Now ? How Are You Findin It? x[/quote]

Not bad, im 24 the now but have been attending the hospital for 6 years now, I think I have only seen 1 younger girl at the clinic but most are well older than me,

How are you getting on? have they tryed you on embel? I found it to work the best out of all meds that iv been on and thats alot