Success at Tribunal

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 20. Feb 2010, 12:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been to the Tribunal for my ESA. This is after already being granted DLA(HRM-MRC) I still had to go and argue the case that I am Disabled. So I went, with my Mom for support she is 70. It was late I had a guy from wellfare rights with me we both had reems of paperwork. Then a young admin clerk come's ove to Steve my Help from wellfare rights and asks him to go in to see the Judge. Out he came and shook my hand saying Congratulations you have won your appeal. they could have did this over the phone?

If any of you is applying please get wellfare rights help it does work. :lol::lol:

Comments

• penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Let me be the first to say congratulations! Well done for going through all that & hope you can now relax a bit more & look after yourself.
    love Pennie X
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi John,

Well done and why did they do this and then knowing they were going to lose they gave in.... Well least you have it now and I hope they back date it? Take care Cris
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi John

Many thanks for sharing this with us. At least it is over now and you have received what you are entitled to. Bless your dear mum for going with you and Steve for his help. Do keep in touch, we like to hear from you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Glad to read this. It's great news. Why do we have to go through all this - it's bad enough having arthur as it is, without these people making life even more difficult.

I'm glad you had support. The Welfare Help people are just great and good for your mum. Take care of yourself and her! Now you can relax a little.
    Dolittle
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    congratulations. You must be very relieved.
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    congratulations xx :D
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Well done, good to hear of your success with these
    bodies.

Cant imagine why you had to go thru all that though
    when you have already been granted DLA - strange.

I agree with you about the welfare rights people, they
    are invaluable and like you my advice would be to anyone
    take a welfare rights officer with you to appeals, be it
    ESA or DLA.

Great news for you handsy.

Kath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi John!!!
    Well done!!!!
    Shame they didn't do it over the phone, but you fought and WON!!!!
    I am so pleased for you and for the extra hope it gives others in that position.

Can you lend us a fiver??? :wink: (joke!)
    Love
    Toni xx
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Fantastic news!!!
    You give us the strength we all need when sometimes it feels easier to give up...
    Well done

xxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 19. Feb 2010, 06:56
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS :D:D:D I've been thinking that its all a compleate waste of time and effort and you've, thankfully proved me totally wrong!!! :D Now, you must do something to celibrate.

I am in the middle of the appeal process for ESA, and although I've got lots of support from my GP and husband, I know just how hard it is and what it takes out of you physically and mentally. So I'd like to say Thank You for sharing this good news with us. :D
    Lots of love Sue
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    well done you xx i hope you can relax now its all over xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Fantastic news, its good to hear this

lizzie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well I am relieved it is all over at last but it took a mighty effort on your behalf.It isnt fair if you feel in so much pain and discomfort to be dragged around for appointments and having to prove you are not currently well enough for work.
    But justice was done in the end.Thankyou for letting us know the outcome.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein