Circulation Booster has any one used ?

Options
plmb48
plmb48 Member Posts: 125
edited 18. May 2012, 15:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
ihi i am to have my left ankle replaced andmy right one fuzed i cant get swelling down in both ankles i have tried commpresion socks but as soon as i take them off my ankles swell up again i am on water tablets 40mg daily.
when i wake in morning my ankles are fine seurgeon says opperating on my ankles could mean a longer healing prossess i would like any feed back on any one who has used THE CIRCULATION BOOSTER its about my last option just dont want to spend fortune if it wont work either lol i wait to hear from anyone HELP x pauline :? :? :? :?

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pauline :D

don't know anything about this but just wanted to send you (((hugs))) as you've a lot to cope with and also wanted to wish you well when you have the ops....any idea when?

Iris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Pauline, I have never heard of one of those. Who recommended it to you? Pity you can't try one out first. With some medical equipment you can have a trial period. Is it not something you can hire? What is it?

Sorry - you were meant to be the one asking the questions, not me!!

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • susanjanemoon
    susanjanemoon Member Posts: 28
    Options
    plmb48 wrote:
    ihi i am to have my left ankle replaced andmy right one fuzed i cant get swelling down in both ankles i have tried commpresion socks but as soon as i take them off my ankles swell up again i am on water tablets 40mg daily.
    when i wake in morning my ankles are fine seurgeon says opperating on my ankles could mean a longer healing prossess i would like any feed back on any one who has used THE CIRCULATION BOOSTER its about my last option just dont want to spend fortune if it wont work either lol i wait to hear from anyone HELP x pauline :? :? :? :?[/quote

Hello, I have a circulation booster, not the one advertised a lot in magazines and tv. They are £199 but you can get the vat off of it f you have a long term condition. Which takes it down to £175. I have purchased a Bio Energiser which does the same thing, but at a fraction of the cost. I paid £99 for mine. Have seen them advertised in magazines but I got mine from Ambrose Wilson Catalogue. At first i didnt notice any difference but after a few uses it did seem a little better. I do however seem to have to have the programe up to nearly the fullest that it goes up to. I do have Diabetic Neuropathy in both my feet, as well as Arthritis. So my feet are often swollen, and achy. But it has improved a lot. Hope you find that it works. Susan xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    After my TKR and when I was in hospital I had special footwear that massaged the bottoms of my feet as well as wearing the horrid compression socks.

It'll be 6 weeks tomorrow since I had my TKR surgery and I notice my ankle swells up after any activity my knee is still slightly swollen and I have to continue using ice packs daily. I find elevating my legs and putting ice packs on helps. If you are still worried go back to your GP.

I'm sure someone will another suggestion!

Regards
    Sharmaine

plmb48 wrote:
    when i wake in morning my ankles are fine seurgeon says opperating on my ankles could mean a longer healing prossess i would like any feed back on any one who has used THE CIRCULATION BOOSTER its about my last option just dont want to spend fortune if it wont work either lol i wait to hear from anyone HELP x pauline :? :? :? :?
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    thanks for your replys about Circulation Booster back to drawing board :? :? :? pauline xxx
  • shackleton
    shackleton Member Posts: 1
    Options
    It is possible to try one for a #free# period of up to 60 days depending on the supplier.

I always think that if these gadgets were really effective the NHS would be using them. Some medical tests are advertised for them which seem to indicate they do actually improve circulation and Iknow someone that swears they are effective in their case.

Why not try one on the 60 day approval but be very careful you do not pursuade yourself it is helping. Look for a real and sustained improvement before spending so much.