Lets hold them to their promises of a fairer society

Options
airwave
airwave Member Posts: 579
edited 23. Sep 2010, 05:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just been watching the Lib Dems Party Political Propaganda on t.v, lets hold them and the Conservatives, the government coalition, to their promises of a fairer society?

I propose a cut in tax for those who are disabled, this, to reflect the increased costs associated with less mobility, living with pain, more care required, more heating needed and less ability to work, with incomes that, in general, are not compatible with a living income.

Sound good? So many fall outside of the support system. This is just the start!

If you support the idea behind this, please say so and we can send it in formally to the government. It is up to them to work out a formula that is fairer, even in these dire economic times.

8) Its a grin, honest!

Comments

• bluebeard
    bluebeard Member Posts: 260
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    as far as I can see nick clegg should be in the conservative party
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Airwave,

What ever their policies Nick Clegg will tow the Tory line to keep his illusion of power! I have to say I am upset at just how shallow the Lib Dem's have been in respect of becoming Tories for a bit of power! Tell me what to do to show support to make them do as they say not as the Tories say and I will do it. Cris x
  • airwave
    Options
    Hey, you've just done it! Shown support for an idea.

No matter which party is in, they are all politicians and do not live in the same world as us. Noble enough may their posturing be, once they take on the mantle of MP, they do change and every word and deed is aimed at their advancement in the political system, each little win or loss is marked up and determines at what level they operate. We need to get the attention of the ones who make policy.

Nuff said, lets concentrate on what we need.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    bluebeard wrote:
    as far as I can see nick clegg should be in the conservative party

you are so right
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I will believe that politicians want a fairer society when they show us how their cutbacks should be done as Leaders of Society, not as greedy figureheads. Reduce the number of MPs in parliament to 200 and save billions every year in wasted waffle and unnecessary expenses. Until that happens, they will all use empty words to fill their deep pockets and tread down the less fortunate in society such as ourselves.

There are currently 650 MPs. Firstly they claimed that MPs would be cut back to 500, that's -150, then when in power, it became -65, latest is -50, soon to be down to -0. We now know by their example what they think of themselves and what MPs really think of us isn't pleasant to consider.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Airwave

I'm severly disabled cannot walk at all. In the winter like last it was freezing. If you are disabled you need to keep warm how do you do it turn the heating up is one way. Eating hot food is another way but this all costs money.

Isn't that what the goverment leaflet says every year when it comes through our door? It has a thermometer on it which tells you when you are in danger and says Turn the heating up NOW.

Disabled people are turning it down as they are so scared of the big bill they will get and won't be able to pay for it. They are afraid they will loose their homes as well. Now we learn the sick and disabled will loose benefits.

Our electric bill becomes higher as I have to charge up my electric chair, also a special airflow mattress to try and prevent pressure sores this all costs money. These are not luxuary items they are essentials. I have other equipment that takes up the electricity as well. I'm just one person there must be many many more like me.

The money we are given is not half of what you could earn should you be able to work. Some of us used to work until we got so bad we could not any more.

Yes, cut the amount of MP's is one way of saving money. Have you seen them in Parliament televised by BBC some are clearly alseep while others looked bored.

Start at the top of the pecking order not at the bottom. Stop their perks they do not really need them.

If I have not written the right things please let me know.

Trish
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    One cannot disagree with the statement, but will it become a reality? Potential governments promise everything, then back-track as soon as they get into power and begin to realise what they are facing. That applies to any party at any election.

Regarding Nick Clegg: he did say before the result that if a coalition was required he would go with the party with the larger number of votes. He stuck to his word. Unusual for a politician. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I actually find the winter heating allowance of £10 offensive. I mean, how far do they really think £10 goes. I'm still paying off my gas bill from last winter and haven't accrued any credit yet for this winter even though I turn the heating off as much as possible. I have arthur (among other things) and a small child to look after on my own. I have to have adequate heating. Is it just me or does an extra £10 feel more like a slap in the face? It's simply to say that they're doing something and nothing more.

Rant over. :)
  • airwave
    Options
    The question isn't 'if' this idea gets to the politician, its when shall we tell them what we need?

8) Its a grin, honest!